Sign in to follow this  
RichardS

Rotating Airport Beacons

Hi All,I hope someone can help me with this.I just added some scenery to my private Air Strip with the "Object Placement Tool" and everything went great but, I couldn't figure out which object was the Rotating Airport Beacon with the white and green beams. Does anyone know which object it is?Thanks in advanceRichardS

Hello Richard,The rotating beacons have special code and cannot be added in that way.You will need to manually add a separate entry to the xml file containing something like the following:

Thanks Luis,I will try your method and see if I can get it done. I didn't put a air_beacontower01 in because I thought there was one I was missing. I will add the beacon tower and then use your data to try to add the light.I don't know why they couldn't just make one for us to install using the SDK, but then again I don't know why they did half the things they did wrong.Thanks again. RichardS

Luis,I just want to thank you again for your help.With the infomation that you gave me I was able to install a rotating beacon onto a "small_tower2" that I had already installed in my scenery with the SDK.All I needed to do was add the information you gave me from the line after the data I already had for the "small_tower2 in the XML and recompile the data and I now have a working rotating beacon sitting right on top of the tower.I also found out that if I double click on the XML my computer opens it with Netscape Navigator which I have on my computer and Netscape acts as an error check and tell me if there is an error in my data. Using that I was able to find any typo's or data input errors I made and correct them until Netscape showed me an error free file. I then compiled the data with the BGL compiler and all is well.THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!! RichardS