Sign in to follow this  
sirsanka

Regionalizations - Palm groves

This is a somewhat esoteric topic, probably of little interest to most. In my projects, I have a great need of coconut palm groves. For example:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/165492.jpgIt is mostly coconut (or sp.) with light smatterings of other varied vegetation (coccoluba uvifera - the sea grape - or terminalia catappa - the tropical "almond", for example) The new vegetation in FS X is lovely and extremely varied, there are a lot of coconut palms, and it is possible to simply place trees manually. But, this is a tedious solution at best, and highly impractical in the tropics. In my meanderings through the configuration files, I had noticed that a new land class value, 145 - Deciduous Tree Crops, displayed palm groves in certain regions.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/165493.jpgI assume that the classification as Deciduous Tree Crop is only tentative, as there is nothing particular deciduous about coco or ph

Guest SkyDrift

Good work Luis!But, how do I stop getting hit by falling coconuts every time I walk under a tree in your beautiful new palm groves?... :>)- SkyDrift

Guest Catalano

Hello Luis,that is how a developer should think and work!!!Nice work - and I am sure I will need it some day.By the way Luis - as you know in Spain there are a lot of Pine-trees.I couldn