Sign in to follow this  
Guest bustervk

Standard Scenery Object after modification on the wrong place

Guest Catalano

Hello Scenery-friends,I improved the coastlines of a region in northern spain.Near Barcelona MS placed some boats within a marina.- After my modification, these marinas/boats are outside in the sea.- Could someone please explain to me how I can find the right standard-Object-xml-file for that area?- And is it possible to delete them wit the "Object Placement Tool" using the function "Delete"?- What experience do you have to do this "user-friendly"? I would appreciate your help very much!Best regardsBodo

>Hello Scenery-friends,>>I improved the coastlines of a region in northern spain.>Near Barcelona MS placed some boats within a marina.>>- After my modification, these marinas/boats are outside in>the sea.>>- Could someone please explain to me how I can find the right>standard-Object-xml-file for that area?>>- And is it possible to delete them wit the "Object Placement>Tool" using the function "Delete"?>>- What experience do you have to do this "user-friendly"? >>I would appreciate your help very much!>>Best regards>BodoYou don't need to know which OB file the objects are in. To satisfy your curiosity you could use TmfViewer SDK tool to open your coastline work (bgl) and look in the bottom right corner of the tool.You want to use ExclusionRectangle mechanism compiled with the BglComp SDK tool to suppress the undesired objects. See the SDK docs.-Doug

Guest Catalano

Thanks Doug,thats fine - not to much work.But one additional question - what kind of exclude is the right one?Do I have to exclude with "Exclude___Everything".I haven

>Thanks Doug,>>thats fine - not to much work.>But one additional question - what kind of exclude is the>right one?>Do I have to exclude with "Exclude___Everything".>>I haven

Guest Catalano

Doug, thank you very much!But my compiling process is not working.Here are the commands of my xml-file I used to compile:_________________________________________________________________<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

>Doug, thank you very much!>>But my compiling process is not working.>>Here are the commands of my xml-file I used to compile:>_________________________________________________________________><?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>> version=

Guest Catalano

Thanks Scott for that info.I am sorry but I don

Guest Catalano

Hello Scott,now it works.You are right. It was in the thirt line. I have overseen that it is necessary to download also the notepad++ xml-tools. After that I got the right hint. After modification oft these Quote marks the compiling produced the *bgl file.Thank you very much for all your infos.Could you please tell me how I can run something in a command window?Thanks a lotBodo

Hi Bodo.Look in your "C:WINDOWSsystem32" folder for an application named "cmd.exe".You can copy this file to any folder. When doubled-clicked, it will start a DOS-type window, with that current folder as the home path.You can also copy to that folder "BGLComp.exe" and "bglcomp.xsd" and your XML file. I put all these files into a desktop folder named "BGLComp_Workshop", and do my compiling there.Now you can type 'BGLComp MY.xml' in the Dos window, and you'll get My.bgl, and the DOS window will stay open, to show you any messages.Dick

Guest Catalano

Thanks Dick,I got it!This group is fantastic!Thanks a lot.Bodo

Guest bustervk

>Thanks Dick,>>I got it!>>This group is fantastic!>>Thanks a lot.>>BodoI fully agree with you Bodo.This group works great.ThanX Dick,Doug and Scott.Veru helpfull!BertEHTW