Sign in to follow this  
Guest ScottRR

Autogen not showing up in FS9 photoreal scenery.

Guest ScottRR

Help! I must be doing something wrong but I can't figure it out.I created a photoreal land cover about a year ago using Terrabuilder and added some autogen to one tile using Art Martin's Autogen Editor. I recently upgraded my computer (and went from Windows ME to Windows XP SP2)and added the photoscenery back into the new install of FS9. It shows perfectly and the autogen on the tile I added shows too.I now want to add autogen buildings to another tile. I installed the FS2004 autogen SDK and the latest version of Autogen Editor. I edited the tile adding a few buildings as usual and confirmed that a file *****an.agn was created in the scenery's texture folder. However the new autogen doesn't show up in FS9 although the autogen in the old adjacent tile still shows fine. I tried uninstalling the scenery then adding it back again but that didn't work. I then tried using the microsoft Autogen Annotator tool to add a few more buildings, but again nothing shows up in the sim. The autogen ***an.agn file is there in the texture folder next to it's texture file but it doesn't show. I must be missing a simple step somewhere. Can anyone help?

Guest ScottRR

I found the answer. I was creating autogen files for a scenery already loaded in FS9. You need to delete the scenery project from the scenery library and then in Windows delete the "Scenery.dat" file in the project folder. When you load the project again in FS9, a new scenery.dat file is created and the autogen shows up as expected.