Sign in to follow this  
Guest jyarddog

KMSP

Guest g48dd

I am looking for this airport KMSP as an addon. I believe I saw it several months ago but I forgot to book mark it or at least I thought I saw it. Does anyone have a clue as to who might possibly have this airport? Or can someone send me a quick list of all the people you can think of that do airports for FS9. I already have airports from the following vendors : Flight Scenery, Imagine, Georender, Fly Tampa, Sim Flyers, CanUK Scenery. I can't think of anybody else that makes top quality airport scenery. I am not interested in airport packages, especially ones that were originaly desinged for 2002.Thank You,Ken

Ken,I have been looking for KMSP for a long time but I don't think there is any payware vendors that have announced that they are taking on this project (someone please correct me if I am wrong). I was planning on starting this project as freeware in the near future just because I wanted something better too. The only KMSP related items I have seen are modest updates to the scenery but nothing on the scale of the payware vendors (you can check the avsim and flightsim libraries to see what is out there). Since I know how to use FSDSv3 and PSP, I can create the buildings, but my GMAX knowledge is lacking so I don't know how to create the tarmac texture sets that make the sceneries really pop. I wouldn't mind working with someone to get this going. Do you or anyone else have this working knowledge to put something together for KMSP? Anyone have any good pictures of the airport buildings? I have seen a few on airliners.net and jetphotos.net but not a whole lot.Eric

Guest g48dd

Thanks, after many a search, I think that at one time Sim Flyers had one but it has been removed. I have written them and I am waiting for a response, also you wouldn't happen to have any idea how one goes about contacting someone who is a pro at this stuff? I am considering paying someone to create KABQ, ( Albuquerque, NM ) There is already pretty good free ware from avsim but I am looking at getting someone to really do the whole airport.

I would think that you could go to any of the scenery design websites like fsdeveloper.com or just a new post here would get you connections. There are many talented people out there who would love to work on airports if they are getting paid (many do it for free too because they love it). I would ask them to provide some examples of their work though before giving them any money ;-) Buyer beware and all that...Like you mentioned, there are some good freeware KABQ sceneries out there. The one I like the best has some crashboxes still on which is frustrating but over all it is still pretty good. That may be another project for me. Good luck. I hope you find someone to help make flight sim better.Eric

Guest jyarddog

This one and/or KMSP- I wouldn't mind giving it a try. No money requested! Just fun to do. Much of my stuff is on Avsim and Flightsim, under author name.... Robert Lacy. I cannot do Gmax, haven't bought FSDS yet. So, self-created/original objects would not be involved. This limits what I can do, true, but always fun to get involved with this. I've worked with a Navy commander (ret) on two airports he was stationed at and working on a third once he gets time to work on it with me. Another guy in Montana asked me to do the airport where he worked. i got a very good start on it, then he moved to Texas for a new job and we lost contact so far. Still waiting. :) Working with someone is a gas. We start a design, send pics back and forth; "Hey, let's move that hangar a little to the right and a bit smaller." Good! That tower is in the wrong place, let's dump it and make one over there by the... etc." I've seen some nice payware sceneries, but not impressive enough to buy. I do this as a hobby and for the love of FS9. I use EZ scenery by Abacus. Can make AI flight plans. My latest is Ione, WA. (s23) Just uploaded two files. I don't know if this worked or not. One is an Avsim page for a number of KABQ, and another one is a page with my work. Bob

http://www.blueprintsimulations.com/BluePrint_KMSP.htmKMSP is finally being developed. I own two of Blueprint's airports, Louisville (KSDF) and Dulles (KIAD) for FS9. Their designs are fantastic and are VERY frame-rate friendly (Using an NVIDIA 8800 GTS). No official word on a release date but KSDF came out in a relatively short time after they announced it (about 6 months I think). The site says it'll be available for both FS9 and FSX.