Sign in to follow this  
Guest nearlucid

Help me with Custom Objects in FSX

Thanks for the help. Maybe I'm doing it wrong - I think I noticed that I can actually state the InstanceID in the XML and refer to a scenery object with another GUID. I'm wondering if I can create a very simple object - maybe a single polygon - just in XML so I don't have to refer to another object. When I used MCX to examine my previous attempt, it said I was using the correct GUID but it was that of the MDL object, not the final BGL GUID - obviously, I am a novice at BGLComp so far.Dave

PC=9700K@5Ghz+RTX2070  VR=HP Reverb|   Software = Windows 10 | Flight SIms = P3D, CAP2, DCS World, IL-2,  Aerofly FS2

Hello:Note also the intended default behavior of ModelConverterX (aka "MCX") is to retain any existing GUID inside a MDL file when it is overwritten... unless the end-user opts to manually change that GUID when updating the MDL file.Hope this helps ! :( GaryGB

I am still stuck - I am now trying to use BGLcomp to satisfy the missing objects and it still doesn't work. I tried two approaches:1) Just use a Library object inside a Scenery Object and actually set the instanceId to what I need to satisfy ({406468DF-4DA0-8E89-EAE4-F1BB989DF01B})_________________________________________<?xml version="1.0"?><FSData version="9.0" xmlns:xsi='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance' xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="bglcomp.xsd" ><SceneryObject instanceId = "{406468DF-4DA0-8E89-EAE4-F1BB989DF01B}" lat="N33 54.89" lon="W118 24.42" alt="0" altitudeIsAgl="TRUE" pitch="0" bank="0" heading="0" imageComplexity="NORMAL"> <LibraryObject name="{93802d8b-ba4f-45eb-a272-9f029a0feeb3}" scale="1.0"/></SceneryObject></FSData>-------------------------------------Or using a reference to a MDL where I have utilized MCX to change the GUID to what I need <?xml version="1.0"?><FSDataversion="9.0"xmlns:xsi='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance'xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="bglcomp.xsd" ><SceneryObjectlat="N13 30.0" lon="E101 0.0"alt="0"altitudeIsAgl="TRUE"pitch="0"bank="0"heading="0"imageComplexity="NORMAL"><LibraryObjectname="{406468DF-4DA0-8E89-EAE4-F1BB989DF01B}}" scale="1.0"/></SceneryObject><ModelDatasourceFile="anczX.MDL" /> </FSData> NOTE: When I check the BGLs that are created, the Object Info for the second approach reports the GUID that I want but MCX can't read any objects from the other approach where a library object is used. Not sure what to try next. I assume that the object maybe needs to be in a library NOT as a specific object since the offending BGL is making reference to it. This is not my cup of tea!Dave

PC=9700K@5Ghz+RTX2070  VR=HP Reverb|   Software = Windows 10 | Flight SIms = P3D, CAP2, DCS World, IL-2,  Aerofly FS2

Thanks for everyone's help one this. The problem is solved. I now just start with a simple model generated by MCX and store it in .X format. I set the GUID as I need. Use XtoMDL and then my xml file for BGLcomp simply uses a model data reference to the MDL. WORKS!