Sign in to follow this  
Guest JohnC

Google Eath and photo scenery

Guest steve43

Hi JohnCCorrect me if I am wrong here but in AFCAD you will not be able to change airport boundaries? I couldn't see how anyway?CheersSteve

Guest JohnC

I don't see a way to change the boundaries....if by boundaries you mean the flattens or the fence. I use it to line up runways and taxiways with the underlying photoreal stuff, and to place AI parking spots accurately..

Guest steve43

Thanks John. Its a shame that it doesn't control the flattens area. I am assuming also that the flatten area is required by the airport to flatten any bumpy terrain to produce a prefectly flat airfield? I really need to find a good FAQ on all this stuff. I am finding I dont have the time to read all the sites and forums. Maybe I'm just a lazy loaf! :-badteethMust create a new thread.. this is becoming too long I think.. :-lol Steve

Hi John and George - I want to thank you for taking the time to answer myquestions.I've read this thread and the 'exclude autogen with shp2vec' threada couple of times now and its going to have to sink in. I'll getsome tools and try a few things. thanks again.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

Guest JohnC

Flatten areas can be removed and replaced with FSX_KML. You can land on bumpy ground, but the runways won't look right. I thought you had a lot of spare time at work?

John, I tried AFCAD with FSX airports ("I suggest you try AFCAD for redesigning an airport. Loading an FSX airport into AFCAD will give you a lot of information.") but after selecting the displayed airport name, etc. I clicked on OK but nothing happened. I use AFCAD to mod airports but I have FS( installed as well and it is my airport file source in that case. I used the Select File to get the FSX APXxxxx file. Regards,Dick Boley

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Guest JohnC

Yes, I see what you mean..my wording could be a little misleading....I have FS9 installed as well, and AFCAD "found" my FS9 airport, I worked on it, and used it in FSX and started calling it my FSX airport. I assumed incorrctly that "everyone" has FS9 installed. I guess the current AFCAD does not search FSX folders yet.

Guest renatus

Ola, LuisGreat job!! Keep going!!Just a couple of questions: - Does SBuilderX work only for FSX? 'Cause I'm developing a scenery of my city for FS9.- 1792 x 1280 pixels is the maximum resolution of the ground image, right?Best regards,

Sorry, Renato, SBuilderX is only for FS X. HOwever, you can easily get the images from Google or Virtual Earth with SBuilderX, then define the area that you want as ground textures. SBuilderX will create the bitmap and also give you the important information that you will need for the inf file, such as North and West coordinate, number of columns and lines, and pixel dimensions in degrees.Just follow the tutorial to create a "Map" as it is called in SBuilder, then right-click on the edge of the Map to get that information.Then, make your inf file, and use it with FS 9 Resample and the bitmap to make your ground textures.And, no, the maximum resolution is not 1792 x 1280 pixels - rather, it depends entirely on your available computer resources. So, unless you have 10 GB of RAM, you will probably not be able to make extremely large areas into custom ground textures.Best regards.Luis