Sign in to follow this  
Guest Catalano

Problems with exclude of scenery-objects

Guest Catalano

Hello,there are some strange problems in context with excluding scenery-objects. As you see the first picture shows some marinas in front and on the right side. The marinas in front are disturbing my new harbor.Thats why I excluded them.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/166274.jpgBut in the same time some new marinas has to be set. But when I add this marinas with the Object-Placer-Tool I get only the wooden parts of the marinas and not one ship.You can see this on the next picture.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/166275.jpgIt is quite strange - if the exclude-bgl file is seperated stored and less higher priority (range in FSX) I get nothing!!!No ships no wooden parts!Has someone an advice for me?I would like to exclude the objects made by MS and add my marinas afterwards. How do you think could that work?Thanks in advanceBodo

Hi Bodo,It is best to keep your excludes and your new scenery BGL files in the same folder. If you put the excludes in a folder with more priority, they will also overwrite your own scenery.In the picture where you have the marina without boats, are you sure that you selected a version of the object with boats? I would have to verify that, but in the past there have been some problems with attached objects and excludes. Maybe you are seeing such problems here as well.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest Catalano

Hi Arno,yes I am sure.When I select the same marina but some yards in distance to the exclude area I get also the ships.Another thing is interesting. When I go to a area were the ships appear and than move this marina to the place which is covert trough the exclude area - the ships disappear!!!!So it has to do with the fact that the object-placement-tool realizes the boarder of that exclude-area. Maybe it is a signal for the developer to not move objects in an excluding area?A bit weird is that the wooden part of the marina also is an object!?!?!I am not able to move the original objects to a better zone because I don

Hi Bodo,What is the friendly name of the object you are using? I want to give it a try. I suspect that the boats are not in the object, but attached to it. And it seems the exclude has an effect on that. But I said I am just guessing this, I would like to verify it myself.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

Guest Catalano

Hi Arno,it is "Gen_Marina_Large".Bodo

This is a FS bug. Arno is correct that the boats are attached to the model and they are getting whacked (inappropriately) by the exclude. I would recommend not spending any more time trying to decipher or work around it. Live with the empty docks and check back after SP1 ;).-Doug

Hola Bodo,There is no need to make a very large exclusion in order to remove the marinas. It is possible to limit the bounds of the exclusion rectangle to the reference point of the object. What is the reference point? There is a modeling space in the tool used to create objects (whether GMax or 3D Studio Max, or any other), which is defined by Cartesian coordinates. When creating an object, the designer can choose to place it exactly in the center of that space

Thanks Doug. I had not found the time yet to see if this was really the attachpoint-exclude-problem that we also had in Fs2004. Thanks for confirming that it is.Also very nice to hear it will be solved in SP1 (or am I reading your post wrong :)). This bug pops up quite often on forums.

Arno

Guest Catalano

Hola Luis,muchas gracias!!!It was a big step forward (as allways when you interact!)But still there are problems. If MS has placed lot of objects narrow to the place you want to set some new one - still one has the same problems.In may case I tried to place a marina 10 times on different koordinates - without success.But in generell now my scenery looks more than acceptable. Thank you very much!I think I will upload the Catalunya-Coast at the end of that week.It will be my first scenery and I am a bit proud ;-)Where have you been the last days?I hope everything is ok and you are well?Best regardsBodo

Thank you for asking, Bodo, I am as well as can be expected. We are having a heat wave - 28 degrees in February! I believe in global warming!You can make the exclusion bounds much smaller than what I have shown in the above image - they can be almost tiny and still exclude the object. This should help to avoid affecting your new objects.Also, if you still lose the boats, then you should be able to just add some using the Object Placement Tool. They should be listed as Pboats, Sboats, and Veh_Water, or something like that.Best regards.Luis

>You can make the exclusion bounds much smaller than what I>have shown in the above image - they can be almost tiny and>still exclude the object. This should help to avoid affecting>your new objects.Good advice. I had not thought of the object placement tool to determine the reference point for the model (from your earlier post). This method will likely solve the OP's problem.>Also, if you still lose the boats, then you should be able to>just add some using the Object Placement Tool. They should be>listed as Pboats, Sboats, and Veh_Water, or something like>that.If he does that he will have problems when the attached boats return.-Doug

Guest Catalano

Hi Luis,Thanks again for your help!I will give it a trial.28 in February, thats creasy - what are the normal temeratures at this time on your island?By the way fellow helpers - My scenario is allready available!!!I uploaded it yesterday evening and some minutes agoo there aremore than 870 downloads (Filename = CatalunyaCoastV1.0.I am very happy with that.Thanks again Luis, Doug and all other friendly supporters!Bodo