Sign in to follow this  
Guest Gator40019

Having an export issue

Guest Gator40019

Hey all,I am having an issue with .mdl exports in gmax for FsX. I am getting a dialog box with a lot of stuff but am seeing no substance. Anyone else have this issue or see a solution? cld exports ok and I am working on sdk sp1 in FsX.image... thenconvert data failedfailed to run exporter!failed to export model, also occurs.Thanks,

Hi Steve,Are you sure you have the .NET 2.0 framework installed on your computer? It is required by the export tools.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest Gator40019

Hi Arno,Thanks for the reply.Yes, I have .net v2 and directx 9.0c installed. I even reinstalled both since DirectX is mentioned a few times. A friend let me try his 3dmax on my pc and exports seem to work. Also .cld exports are working in gmax, if that helps in the dignosis.

Hi Steve,As the GMax and 3DS export process are not really the same, I doubt that gives any clues.I have not seen this specific error before, so unfortunately I have no idea on how to fix this. It looks like it has some sort of trouble with DirectX, but I have no idea what kind.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest Gator40019

Looks like I may have to try a default installation of everything...:-roll