Sign in to follow this  
Guest Loke

Autogen bridge exclude

Guys,After doing some searches throughout the forums, am I correct in thinking that in order to learn how to exclude an autogen bridge I will need to study and learn how to use the Shp2Vec tool?I've tried excluding a bridge over a river using an exclusion rectangle and the "excludeExtrusionBridgeObjects = "TRUE" " statement in an Xml file; but this does not work for the bridge in question.The Shp2Vec tool looks awfully complicated to learn but if it's the only way to get what I want I guess I'll dive in.Thanks for your input.

Ken

>Guys,>>After doing some searches throughout the forums, am I correct>in thinking that in order to learn how to exclude an autogen>bridge I will need to study and learn how to use the Shp2Vec>tool?>>I've tried excluding a bridge over a river using an exclusion>rectangle and the "excludeExtrusionBridgeObjects = "TRUE" ">statement in an Xml file; but this does not work for the>bridge in question.>>The Shp2Vec tool looks awfully complicated to learn but if>it's the only way to get what I want I guess I'll dive in.>>Thanks for your input.Assuming it is an ExtrusionBridge, ExclusionRectangle with the excludeExtrusionBridgeObjects flag is the correct mechanism. Got a screenshot of the bridge and an XML sample?-Doug

Thanks for the reply Doug. Here is the XML data:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>As you can see I'm trying to exclude 2 different bridges in this one exclude file. The file compiles OK and a BGL file is created, but as you can see from the screenshot below the bridge is still there, so obviously I'm making some kind of mistake.Here is a screenshot of one of the bridges I'm trying to exclude (the autogen bridge on the bottom) and I'm replacing it with the bridge "on top":http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/166371.jpg

Ken

>Thanks for the reply Doug. Here is the XML data:>><?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>>> latitudeMinimum = "38 15.68"> latitudeMaximum = "38 16.09"> longitudeMinimum = "85 44.49"> longitudeMaximum = "85 44.74"> excludeExtrusionBridgeObjects = "TRUE"> />> latitudeMinimum = "38 16.60"> latitudeMaximum = "38 16.84"> longitudeMinimum = "85 49.16"> longitudeMaximum = "85 49.48"> excludeExtrusionBridgeObjects = "TRUE"> />>>>As you can see I'm trying to exclude 2 different bridges in>this one exclude file. The file compiles OK and a BGL file is>created, but as you can see from the screenshot below the>bridge is still there, so obviously I'm making some kind of>mistake.>>Here is a screenshot of one of the bridges I'm trying to>exclude (the autogen bridge on the bottom) and I'm replacing>it with the bridge "on top":>You are in west longitude territory. Swap your longitudeMinimum and longitudeMaximum values (and place a "W" before each).-Doug

Thanks Doug. That did the trick all right. However, swapping the west longitude min and max values throws me; longitude values increase as you move west, do they not? Reversing the values I'm not getting, unless the northern hemisphere western values are negative values. Is that it?

Ken

>Thanks Doug. That did the trick all right. However, swapping>the west longitude min and max values throws me; longitude>values increase as you move west, do they not? Reversing the>values I'm not getting, unless the northern hemisphere western>values are negative values. Is that it?Think of it as a cartesian coordinate system centered at 0 lat, 0 lon. As you move west of (0,0) the magnitude of longitude increases, but the value is negative. Similarly, as you move south of (0,0) the magnitude of latitude increases, but the value is negative.Good to hear your scenery is working.-Doug

Guest Loke

Doug,I cant get this to work for the Eastern hemisphere. What am I doing wrong in my xml file?<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>Cheers,Andrew

Try removing the N and E.George

>Doug,>>I cant get this to work for the Eastern hemisphere. What am I>doing wrong in my xml file?>><?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>>> latitudeMinimum = "N60 22.16"> latitudeMaximum = "N60 22.24"> longitudeMinimum = "E5 09.18"> longitudeMaximum = "E5 10.34"> excludeExtrusionBridgeObjects = "TRUE"> />>>>Cheers,>AndrewYour bridge is at approximately N60 22.35 Try increasing your latitudeMinimum and latitudeMaximum each by 0.15 minutes.-Doug

Guest Loke

Terrific, thx, Doug!Posting a working xml that places my bridge and excludes the autogen bridge:<?xml version="1.0"?>Nice to have the exclude built into the model bgl :-hah Cheers,Andrew