Sign in to follow this  
Guest nearlucid

Any MS Designer! (ACES?) Help with Crashboxes

Guest nearlucid

HelpI would like to learn more precice control over crash areas.I would like to be able to create a ring through wich the plane could fly without crashing, yet hitting any outside part of the ring would cause a crash.This has been done in different objects in FSX (Daredevil Hoop - Certain Bridges...)But whenever I try to make such an object my plane always crashes in the thin air inside the hoop.How did MS Program these objects.Can anyone help.I am fluent in 3ds max and have all plugs and am becoming more familiar with the SDK everyday.My objects show up in fsx and I can make them landable and remove the crash detection, etc. also certain objects can be co crash while others, even hidden ones caveas.But it looks likejects placecl together somehow gap a crash a between them.ANYONE! I know this can be done. Can someone help me to learn how.C'mon don't let Arno do all the work around here. hehe j/kThanks all.dave

Hi Dave.Each GMax "scene" will have a single crashbox. Your objects must be made as separate MDLs to control the crashboxes. If you have 2 separate objects in one MDL ( scene ), then you will have a large crashbox encompassing the two.Dick

Guest nearlucid

Yes DickThat's what I've noticed.I am using 3ds max, but I assume it's all the same.any ideas then how to go about this.I guess I can make a circle of small boxes and export each to a seperate .x file? do you know how to make them all line up in a circle.I tried this once before, but they all ended up in the same place I think.meaning only one could be seen.?thoughts?dave