Sign in to follow this  
arno

FSX | 3dsMax 8 (german) | Export Problem

Guest Bergziege

hi all,i have a problem while exporting scenery from 3dsMax8 (german).The export module tells me that i do not have set a GUID but I did!Downloaded the Tool from MS generated a GUID insert it under File->File Properties->Custom (Name: FriendlyName Value:; GUID) and deleted the {}.Even after checking twice and changing the GUID the exporter tells me that i have not insert a GUID.Could it be that the exporter module does not work with the german version of 3ds8 ?greez Bernd

Guest Bergziege

ok ... found the problem ;-)the sdk manual says"Bring up the File Properites for the model. For Name enter the words FriendlyName, and for Value enter a new GUID. See the Overview documentation for a link to a GUID generating tool. After pasting in the GUID, remove the curly brackets at either end. Click OK.".. thats wrong!! but the sample file shows the right way!!Bring up the File Properites for the model. For Name enter the words FriendlyName, and for Value enter a user friendly name like "House". Then add another Name/Value with 'Guid' for Name and a generated Guid number for value. See the Overview documentation for a link to a GUID generating tool. After pasting in the GUID, remove the curly brackets at either end. Click OK.cubernd

Why not simply use the script that is also provided with the SDK? That makes it even easier to add a GUID to your object.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog