Sign in to follow this  
Guest Do

watermask , autogen PB inFSX

Guest Do

Hi,I just create, using the FSX sdk, a textured scenery which work well in scale and geo position, but I can't optain transparency around it in water and land , using a water mask , in bmp or tiff . the resample.exe works but return an error about the tiff water texture during work(unknown field between with tag 37724(0x935c) encountered) : the texture scene appears with no transparency. and no autogen works on it.I work with photoshop and try tiff with LWZ compression and no compression...I try too dxtbmp and alpha channel with no results.my inf. file :[source]Type = MultiSourceNumberOfSources = 2[source1]Type = BMPLayer = ImagerySourceDir = "SourceData"SourceFile = "irisdef.bmp"ULXMAP = 003.20834ULYMAP =43.22428XDIM = 1.28425E-05YDIM = 1.06871E-05Variation = Day[source2]Type = TIFFLayer = NoneSourceDir = "SourceData"SourceFile = "irisdefwater.tif"ULXMAP = 003.20834ULYMAP =43.22428XDIM = 1.28425E-05YDIM = 1.06871E-05SamplingMethod=Gaussian[Destination]DestDir = "Output"DestBaseFileName = "IRIS_def"UseSourceDimensions = 1-------------I have tried too : (Channel_LandWaterMask = 4.0)at the end of [source 1]I have tried some different size of bitmap 3072x3072 or 4096x4096 with the same results: at 1.17 resolution which is the new possibilty of FSX. nice def and nice result for the texture........many thanks for help Do

Although it may be that your TIFF format is the culprit, you will need to tell resample what the TIFF image is for.Channel_LandWaterMask = 2.0 should do the trick. The value is Source#/band -- your mask is source 2.Godzone Virtual Flight, for 'Real New Zealand' sceneryhttp://www.windowlight.co.nz

Guest Do

Thanks TOPROBthe tip was very good ...and take us trought the solution. It works.We solve the problem , turning around and using the backdoor, and after that, using just one Tiff with two alpha channels, one for watermask , and the second for blend which is very simple because there is no need to use the channel lines in the .INF file and you just need one file .again thanks Regards from FranceDo