Sign in to follow this  
scott967

Don't know where else to turn

I don't know if this is the right place to go to for AFCAD help. If not, could someone kindly point me in the right direction. Anyway, I downloaded an AFCAD for Fly Tampa's KSFO scenery. The problem is that I can't get the new AFCAD to override the original one. I think it has something to do with the fact that the one I downloaded has a layer of 38 while the original has a layer of 47. Does anyone know how I can fix this or who/where I can go to?Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Hi Ryan,The order in your scenery library determines which AFCAD file is used. So if you are not seeing your new file, there is a probably an AFCAD for the same airport loaded in a scenery folder that has a higher priority.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Arno,I reordered my scenery so that the folder with all my AFCADs (Addon Scenery) is higher than KSFO and even edited my .cfg file so the layer is lower and it didn't work. One thing is that the layer for the AFCAD never changed no matter what I did. I ended up finding and removing the original FT AFCAD and I looks like everything works. I just hope it isn't one of those "it looks like it works but something went really wrong" things.Thanks,Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Guest theskyisthelimit

Hello,there could be as many afcads as you want for same airport (all shown in the list when searching for icao-code with afcad-tool)However, there is a folder (telling by heart. I am still at work/office) FS9--> Scenery --> BASE in which you should copy your AF2-File.This is the first file FS reads!Especially important, when you have to fix levels (matching afcad-ground-level with scenery-ground-level)!You may have experienced, that you adjusted afcad-level in feet to match your new scenery, but aircrafts appear to "fly" some feet above ground or are sunken into the apron.This exactly refers to the order, FS reads the files.Put your corrected file into "base"-folder and you may have won your fight against the simulator ....rgdsKlaus-Peter

I have attempted to put FS9 AFCAD files in the BASE scenery area, and found that if I use the "world -> go to airport" menu to bring up the airport selection dialog, all starts and parkings were lost. I could only select "active runway" for any airport at all. Also, since the default AP9 files do not have "deleteAirport" elements in them, it would seem to cause a conflict.FWIW I use a separate scenery area defined in the scenery library just for AFCADs, which I keep at highest priority. If an addon scenery installs an AF2 file into its own scenery area, I normally will move it into my AFCAD area. This helps me avoid duplicates. I "turn off" ones that are dupes and I don't need by changing .BGL to .B in the file name.Note that there can be addon files which airport scanners will identify, but they modify airport elements which AFCAD can't deal with and should not be deleated or disabled.scott s..