Sign in to follow this  
DougMatthews

A slash "/" on a taxiway sign?

Guest Joker II

How can I show a slash "/" on a taxiway sign? If I just type it, it is interpreted as a "left backward arrow" and therefore shown as such.

>How can I show a slash "/" on a taxiway sign? If I just type>it, it is interpreted as a "left backward arrow" and therefore>shown as such.You cannot show a slash ("/"). Use a vertical line ("|") instead. See the BglComp docs in the SDK for the valid characters. Note that Left and Right arrows are coded as "& lt" and "& gt" (remove spaces) respectively, which is non-obvious due to html rendering those tags as "<" and ">".-Doug

Guest Joker II

Thanks for your reply, Doug.*Sigh* so there will be no "32R CAT II/III" signs in my scenery ...

Guest Dan G Martin

Hi there have you considered making your own in say gmax as something like a runway sign really is simple to do as it's not much more than a box with some legs and a texture. There are many people here who would help you if you get "stuck" and don't forget gmax has good tut's as well. Dan Martin Team Flight Ontario

Guest Joker II

Thanks a lot for your help guys ... I know how to deal with GMAX, but I find it sad, that there is no way to make such signs with fs-internal resources.

>Thanks a lot for your help guys ... I know how to deal with>GMAX, but I find it sad, that there is no way to make such>signs with fs-internal resources.Submit bugs with suggested improvements (www.fsinsider.com).-Doug