Sign in to follow this  
flyfisher

FS9 - Flatten Scenery

Guest mcgregor

I have recently updated my KIAH AFCAD to show the new 8R/26L runway, and updated the cargo ramp, however, there are many buildings and trees all over my new taxiways and runway...I have been trying to find a program that would flatten my scenery, and I finally found one that I had hope in... It is FSTflatten...I did everything it said, step-by-step (probably about 6 times now) and my scenery still hasnt flattened... I created the .bgl, moved it to Addon Scenery/Scenery, restarted flight sim, and still, the taxiways are covered in trees... when plotting the vertices to be flattened, i made sure to include everything, I was very generous in fact... but still nothing...Can anybody help me? please? I'm sorry, but this was my first experience ever working with AFCAD to do something more then just add or manipulate a couple parking spots...Michael Nicholson,UPS301

A flatten will just make the elevation flat, not eliminate autogen. Try using Sbuilder and putting in a grass land class polygon, with no autogen. That will get rid of the buildings and trees.

Agree that sbuilder is best for this. Top get you started, I did a quick modification to KIAH using Google Earth as a guide. I also did some mods to the streams in the airport based on the UT USA files. You need to unzip the attached zip into an active scenery area which is at a higher priority than your UT USA scenery (if installed). If you don't have UT USA, it will still work, but the streams around the airport will just stop at the edge of my mod. You could also delete the VTPL file to get rid of the streams.If you install sbuilder, you can append these three files to see what I did, or make your own mods. You can do anything you want with these files -- doesn't matter to me.scott s..

Michael,Have you tried FlattEx by Mario Corallo available from the Avsim Library.Worked for me after a few tries.:-cool