Sign in to follow this  
Guest bustervk

FSX Antenna guid

Guest bustervk

Can somebody please help me to find the guid of this antenna.I want to exclude this from my airport.But i cann't find it at all.Thanks in advanceRegardsBert

Hello Bert,You do not need a GUID in order to remove that object. Instead, please use an XML exclude and remove library objects.By the way, there are 2 objects there, a tech shack and a radio antenna.Best regards.Luis

Guest bustervk

>Hello Bert,>>You do not need a GUID in order to remove that object.>Instead, please use an XML exclude and remove library>objects.>>By the way, there are 2 objects there, a tech shack and a>radio antenna.>>Best regards.>>LuisHi Luis,Thanks for your reply.I thought the same way; but the tower is als o a library object...and you are right there are 2 objects.I attached the xml file perhaps you might find a solution. I cann't find the 2 objects...Kind regardsBert

Hello Bert,It seems that you are attempting to remove a library object using airport delete flags. This will not work - instead, you should please have a look at the "Exclusion Rectangle" section of the BGLComp documentation.You will need to add something like this to your file:The exclusion rectangle coordinates will, of course, be those that surround your antenna and tech shack (they are generic objects in the default object list, by the way.)Best regards.Luis

Guest bustervk

Hi Luis,Thanks again.I was not attempting to remove a library object using airport delete flags. I just thought when the objects were in this xml file, i just delete them, but that was not the case.I have already used an exclusion file before, like the one you mentioned.I have made again and it worked well.I am still a little confused about your remark "your antenna and tech shack (they are generic objects in the default object list, by the way.)"I have downloaded the complete "FSX Default objects library" http://lc0277.nerim.net/sceneobjects/sceneobjects.zip but i could not find my items...And to end this reply Luis I will bring forward another item/problem.I have designed an airport and all works well...at airport level.But when i want (for design purposes) to look at TOP DOWN mode i don't see any design, whatever level i look.Any idea where to start Luis?Kind regardsBert

Hello Bert,Very sorry for the confusion, my apologies. I meant that those 2 objects are: - gen_radio01 = {5137c384-3c55-4346-a368-b0270a08fd11} - gen_techshack01 = {6b2b7d78-967a-4dbe-9867-83e255f8b1b6} They are in the hazards.bgl.As for the visibility problem, it happens often to me as well, and I do not really know why. At some distant zoom levels in top-down, the airport runways, taxiways, and aprons are all visible, but when zooming in too close, they disappear.No idea why, although at first I suspected it was something about varying heights between the flatten and the airport reference altitude. But, I really do not know and would appreciate if anybody else has an idea.'Best regards.Luis

Guest bustervk

hi Luis,Thanks for the info about those 2 objects.What the visibility problems concerns you stated : "but when zooming in too close, they disappear", but my scenery is not showing at all, what zoom range i use...Hopefully somebody else will jump in.Kind regardsBert