Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

Which BGL Decompile to use

OK, general question.For FS9, which would be the best BGL decompiler to use for a APnnnnnn.bgl file?I want to extract some data (for my own personal use) for airfield approach and waypoints.As you who have read my other post will realise, I have done this recently and used newBGLAnalyze but sudddenly I am aware of there are other bgl decompile programs available.Stuart

Both NewBglAnalye and BGL-XML 'miss' some elements and cretain types of legs in approaches.We've found that both have to be used and the output compared to ensure that everything is pulled from the airport data.

You might also use SDE to decompile. I am not sure how complete it is, but r. ludowise is well aware of the limitations of BGLXML and NewBGLAnalyzeX, so I can assume that he's trying to make SDE as complete as possible.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

One thing about SDE (or maybe it is user error) but when I decompile an FS9 AP9 file and save the xml, it adds in some FSX items, mainly to the airport, deleteAirport, and runway elements.scott s..

Yes, I think SDE is mainly developed for FsX, Fs2004 is not the most important issue at the moment.As suggested before I would use newBGLAnalyze and BGLXML together and merge the results.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog