Sign in to follow this  
hmar

Land Class file signature?

Hi,Hi, I had no luck or answers on the FS2004 forum, therefore a new try here:I have lately memory overflows. Most probably due some land class file which is not on its right place (a scenery with only a scenery map and without a texture map) But how can one detect a land class file ? Has it a certain file signature ? I know it is a BGL file but they all are.Thanks in advance,Hugo

Hi Hugo,you can do searches for files that include "LC" or "landclass" in their names but there's no naming convention for land class files so that doesn't mean you'll find them all.Instead, I'd run a Filemon log as I described in this thread: http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=20780 . The log will tell you whether it's indeed a land class issue (by registering read errors for files like 052b2fa3.bmp or 066b2hw7.bmp) and it will show the path to the texture subfolder it expected the bmp or agn files to be in; the corresponding scenery folder will contain the problematic land class file.Good luck with the hunt.Cheers, Holger

Hello Holger,Well nothing showed up with the file monitor, however I could solve the problem, I think. Sometimes tweaking can get you in trouble:There was some tweak to sharpen the virtual cockpit by a setting in fS9under the "Panels" section:VIRTUAL_COCKPIT_TEXTURES_SCALE=2.0I removed this line and it seems that my OOM errors are gone!Thanks in any case for your advice and the wonderful sceneries!Regards,HugoPS. Maybe you can ask the gentleman in trouble on the simforums to look for this also.