Sign in to follow this  
scott967

Adding Transitions to existing airfields

HiIs there any way to add a transition (or a procedural approach) to an existing FS2004 airfield so that ATC will offer that approach?Thanks

Yes there is. you have to create an approach as an .xml file which then has to be compiled to .bgl file. The Compiling Scenery with BGLComp SDK explains this. Details of how to create an approach are given beginning at Page 44.

Thanks very much - it was there under my nose all this time - seems very involved for a farily simple effect - anyway, I will plod through itThanks again!

If you want to add a new approach, that is fairly straight forward, but if you want to add a transition to an existing approach, that I think is going to require decoding the default approaches (all), adding your transition to the appropriate approach, adding the deleteAirport/deleteAllApproaches= TRUE setting, adding the airport element attributes, then compiling all that into a new "AFCAD" file.suggest looking at SDE for decoding approaches. It is still in development, so may not be 100% correct, but it probably is safe. http://www.scruffyduckscenery.co.uk/I think most transitions can be built from IF / TF legs so it isn't too hard.scott s..