Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dave Waffler

Multiple Fule Trucks

Guest Dave Waffler

I was toying around with the idea of adding fuel trucks to an AFCAD file I'm working on for NAS North Island, CA. I've got the parking all setup for it, planes parking and moving like they should. But, when it comes to the fuel trucks, I'm a little stumped and wonder if anybody else has noticed this, and if there's a fix for this. I have 15 fuel trucks setup to run. I load the airport, the 15 trucks show up just fine, but only one comes out. I requested fuel, only to be told I was 13 in line for fuel, but there were 14 trucks sitting in the fuel area. Only one truck was servicing aircraft. Does the program only run one fuel truck per airport, or are the other trucks on strike, and don't want to fuel anybody (just kidding!!)

Since you've added fuel trucks, I assume you are working with XML code to add their parking spots and "taxi" paths to the airport layout.Several people have added fuel trucks to their airport layout scenery files successfully. In some cases they have setup the vehicle taxiways so that each truck will only serve a small defined area / group of gates/ parking spots.I'd suggest asking the question on www.fsdeveloper.com the Scenery Design forums under the XML, AFCAD, SceneGenX section.Some of the people who have had the best success with fuel trucks hang out there.One other potential issue - what aircraft are your flying and what size parking spot are you sitting in.Very small aircraft in very large parking spots will have the fuel truck stop so far from the aircraft, you don't get refueled. The truck stops based on the parking spot size, not the aircraft size.

Guest Dave Waffler

Yes, I have been working with the XML coding to get the vehicles into the layout of the airport. I started working with a small local airport to get the fuel truck working, once I figured that out, I went onto something bigger. I was sitting amongst other military aircraft in an S-3 Viking. The truck came out of it's place, made the long trip to where all the other planes were parked, but when I requested fuel, I was told I was 13th in line. The truck did eventually come to me, and I did get the fuel and payload screen, but when I looked back at where the fuel trucks come from, the other 14 trucks stayed put, and just this one came out to fuel the planes. I'll check with the FSDevelopers to see what tricks they have up their sleeves. Thanks for the help Reggie :)