Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

Getting FS Scenery Creator airports into FS airport list??

Guest grandmail

Hi,As a first attempt I have created an airfield which exists in real life but not in the FS2004 scenery.It is the old Navy airfiled 'HMS Daedalus' at Lee on Solent Hampshire which is now used by the Coastguard Sea Air Rescue helicopter and Hampshire Police.I am delighted with my first attempt and this easy program but I cannot get the airfield into the FS2004 list of airfields or to appear on the GPS. It is in the Scenery Library and is useable in FS2004 without any problem.I cannot find an ICAO ID for this airfield in any list and as the FSSC prog requires one I have used my own : EGLE which is not (I belive) used elsewhere. All runways I have made are ticked in the "Airport and Facilities" box. As far as I can tell from the FSSC program this is all that is needed, but i must be missing something.Any help much appreciated.ThanksGeoff

Hi Geoff,I don't think FSSC can make the menu entries. What they call the Airport Facility Data is actually the older AFD format used in Fs2000. For Fs2004 you would have to make it with some XML code or try AFCAD that is probably the easier tool to use here.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Arno is correct. I recommend you use SceneGenX - http://www.flightsimnetwork.com/airportsupport/ . You may be able to import your *.bgl files directly into SceneGenX, make the necessary changes, then compile them into correct FS2004 files.FSSC is not current for MSFS flight simulator's beyond FS2002.W. Sieffert