Sign in to follow this  
Guest rf360m

New version of FSX Planner available (May 13th)

Guest rf360m

I have released a new version of FSX Planner. It is available here: http://www.zbluesoftware.com/clients/FSXPlanner.zipThese are the updates for this version:* Added error check for duplicate jetways* The Vasi tab of the runway properties display is now working. You can edit the primary and secondary vasi and approach lights for the runway now.* Fixed bug where latitude/longitude points were displayed and/or saved using commas instead of decimal points.* Communication frequencies can now be displayed and modified by selecting Navigation -> COMs.* Save As option now asks for permission to over-write an existing file.* Save As option now opens the file chooser in the same directory as the file that was opened.* Within the Taxiway Path properties display, the Number, Designator and Name options are now enabled or disabled based upon the currently selected taxiway Type.* Added error check for taxiway paths associated with non-existant runways added.* Added error check for taxiway paths that do not have runways or designators assigned to them where appropriate.* Added error check for runways with incorrectly set up designators.* Improved the drawing of taxiways so that the left and right edge lines intersect properly.Thanks again for everyone's help and enthusiasm. FSX Planner is nearing completion!

Looks good! Have not had a lot of time to use the program. Just a reminder - FSUIPC for element placement and SDE to get the XML from existing BGLs. A minor addition for my preference would be to load/open the program at the same screen size as when closed. Regards,Dick BoleyA PC, an LCD, speakers, CH yoke

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

The ability to select multiple items with a box would be nice.Regards,Dick BoleyA PC, an LCD, speakers, CH yoke

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Guest Patrice32

Hi,Thanks, your (May 13th) version have corrected the "commas" PB.After an other test, it seems that the #C1102 error (ie) :WARNING: #C1102 LFBO 2100 TAXIWAY_SIGN 1 Airport (LFBO) has object (TAXIWAY_SIGN) that is 2100 meters from the ARP with a test threshold of 1 meters! XML line: 8165.is due to the writting in alphabetical order of the airport fields. Perhaps is necessary to use the order of the SDK. Cordialement,Patrice.

Guest Patrice32

19:25 same day :)Also i found PB in section "Runway"Runway... ... ... Lights center="" for center="NONE"CrldtPatrice.

Guest rf360m

Interfacing with FSX will be implemented as will the reading of BGL file directly.Opening the screen to the same size as when close is a good idea. We'll add that.Thanks!

Guest rf360m

That is on our list. We haven't figured out how we would display properties if the user selects multiple items. We might just display nothing in the properties window. Or perhaps we'd display only those properties which are common to all selected items.Once we determine the best asnwer to that question we'll add this functionality.

Guest rf360m

I had heard that the xml attributes had to be in the same order as how they are listed in the SDK. That seems odd to me, because why should the order of attributes matter. But perhaps that is the case. We'll have to experiment and see.

Guest rf360m

Good catch - we'll fix that.Thanks!

Guest rf360m

>19:25 same day :)>>Also i found PB in section "Runway">>Runway...> ...> ...> Lights center="" for center="NONE">>Crldt>>Patrice.>>>I was not able to duplicate this error. To make sure I understand the error you are getting. You create a runway and the Center Lights optio is being saved as "" instead of "NONE".

Guest rf360m

I have experimented with different attribute orders and it did not make a difference for me. So I'm not sure why this warning message is displayed. I get it with various attribute orders, using both FSX Planner and the command line to compile the xml file.I read that it is a bug in the BGLComp.exe application. So perhaps that is true.There is an option in FSX Planner to not display these warning messages.If you do come across a way to prevent these warnings from being displayed please let me know.-Russell

Guest Patrice32

Hi,I cannot use english correctly but i joint one zip file with two xml samples for test.One compile and the other not !!

Guest rf360m

I have found the cause of the error. It seems that BGL2XML was ignoring the center lights attribute if it was "NONE". This is the default value according the the SDK, but the SDK does not say this is an optional attribute. So FSX Planner was expecting to find it. When it did not find the center attribute FSX Planner assigned it to be "". This caused the error you were getting.I have modified FSX Planner to have the Light attributes be considered optional when being read in.

Guest rf360m

I did some more experimenting and it seems that if you end the airport tag with the trafficScalar attribute then you get the error above. If the put the trafficScalar before the airportTestRadius then you don't get the error. The order of the other attributes doesn't seem to matter.

Guest rf360m

Ok, after all the above experimenting the issue seems to be solved. The next release will contain the fix.