Sign in to follow this  
FS Robert

KeyBoard Comands and Becan Lights...ETC

Hi All,How can I turn on my Becan lights using the keyboard. I have a few 3rd party panels which do not a beacon light switch.Thanks for the help!This Hobby Just Keeps Getting Better... :-yellow1Kind RegardsRobert

Vl3MQY.png

BUMP DIDDY BUMP... :-smile12In hopes of a answer!This Hobby Just Keeps Getting Better... :-yellow1Kind RegardsRobert

Vl3MQY.png

BUMP!This Hobby Just Keeps Getting Better... :-yellow1Kind RegardsRobert

Vl3MQY.png

Guest John_Hirsch

Robert, there is no default keystroke combination to toggle the becan light on or off.

Thanks for the reply sir...This Hobby Just Keeps Getting Better... :-yellow1Kind RegardsRobert

Vl3MQY.png

Robert;If you are using FDC like I do, just make a custom checklist without the beacon check. I found that with all the different panels, some have all the right switches and some don't. Beacon, Flight Director, Spoilers, ETC. What I do is make and save a different check list for those panels. Just put FDC on top of the panel and as you go through the checklist, check the panel to see if that item is present. If it isn't, remove it from the checklist. When you finish you will have a checklist for that panel. I hate overriding the items that are not on a panel so this way I don't have to do that.RichardS

Hi Richard, I as well will not fly without the FDC...in fact I had the honnor of being on the beta team. Glad you are enjoy the FDC, the program has lots of great features. I do understand what you mean about the checklists. As you say lots of different panels and some do not have the " beacon light switch " I really would like to have the switch hust to turn on the " beacon light " I do have a work around and that is to just use a default aircraft and trun on the " beacon light " then change aircraft to one I want to fly. My hope was / is that I could use a keyboard command to turn on the " beacon light " instead of doing my work around. Seems like it is not possible. :-( This Hobby Just Keeps Getting Better... :-yellow1Kind RegardsRobert

Vl3MQY.png