Sign in to follow this  
Guest rf360m

New version of FSX Planner available (May 19 - build 11)

Guest rf360m

A new version of FSX Planner, build 11, is now available. It can be downloaded here: http://www.zbluesoftware.com/clients/FSXPlanner.zipThe following describes what has been updated for this version:* The primary and secondary blast pads are now drawn on runways.* The primary and secondary threshold offsets are now drawn on runways.* Runway threshold marks are now drawn on the runways.* Runway fixed distance marks are now drawn on the runways.* Runway touchdown marks are now drawn on the runways.* Runway precision marks are now drawn on the runways.* You can now 'close' a boundary fence by holding the shift key down when double clicking to finish the fence. This creates a final vertex point at the same lat/lon coordinates of the first lat/lon point of the fence.* There is now a preference to turn on or off the option of restoring the window size and location upon starting FSX Planner to what is was when you last exited FSX Planner.* There is now a preference to clear the compile window when you open the compile dialog. This is on by default.* Rearranged the Runway Markings properties display to better group like-properties together.* Added a check to the taxiway creation tool to ensure that you can't have a taxiway start and end at the same taxiway point.* Added an option to remove all taxiways that have the same start and end points (Edit -> Clean Up Taxiways)* Approach information is now read and can be displayed by selecting Navigation -> Approaches. Double clicking on the approach row within the table will then display the full approach information. This feature is currently read-only. Approaches cannot be created or edited yet.* Fixed bug that caused some taxiway edge lines not to be drawn correctly.* Fixed bug that caused taxiway edge lines to ignore parking type taxiways.As always all feedback is welcome!-Russell

Find Airport Problem.This function never finds any airport. It does use the correct file.Same problem before and after SP1 patch to FSX.First two airports in my DAT file:KFYM,35.058364123,-86.564411223,299.9,G,2,0.70,United States{ RUNWAY,4906,100,HARD PARKING,14.0,RAMP PARKING,10.0,RAMP PARKING,10.0,RAMP PARKING,10.0,RAMP}KDCU,34.652647153,-86.945366710,180.4,G,2,0.70,United States{ RUNWAY,5105,100,HARD PARKING,10.0,RAMP PARKING,10.0,RAMP PARKING,10.0,RAMP PARKING,10.0,RAMP PARKING,10.0,RAMP PARKING,10.0,RAMP PARKING,10.0,RAMP PARKING,10.0,RAMP PARKING,14.0,RAMP PARKING,14.0,RAMP PARKING,14.0,RAMP PARKING,14.0,RAMP PARKING,14.0,RAMP}Regards,Dick BoleyA PC, an LCD, speakers, CH yoke

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Guest rf360m

Is there a specific airport that it fails on, or is it failing for every airport?When I run it, it does find the correct folder/file, but of curse I haven't tested at 26,000 airports. :)-Russell

It fails on all airports.Regards,Dick BoleyA PC, an LCD, speakers, CH yoke

regards,

Guest rf360m

So if you enter KFYM, what happens? Does it show an incorrect location, or does it say it can't find the airport, or does something else happen?

Found problem - you only accept capital letters.....Regards,Dick BoleyA PC, an LCD, speakers, CH yoke

regards,

Guest rf360m

Ah! I will have to modify that to allow for lower and upper case letters.Thanks!-Russell

Will there be the ability to manage an existing airport apron?And, can you you include a function to delete the runway and its flatten? This would be useful if you wanted to completely redo an airport to match a photo-scenery. Regards,Dick BoleyA PC, an LCD, speakers, CH yoke

regards,

Guest rf360m

You can edit, delete and create aprons with the current version.To move an apron, just click and drag it.To modify the vertices of an apron, select the apron tool from the toolbar and click on the apron you want to modify. The apron should then become highlighted. Then you can click and drag each vertex individually. You can also right click to change the apron tool to the add apron vertex and delete apron vertex tools. The add apron vertex tool allows you to click on the edge of the apron and have a vertex added at that point. The delete vertex tool will delete the vertex that you click on. Again, to get these tools, right click when using the add apron tool.You can delete all the runways in an airport by selecting the Delete Runways option from the Prepare Dialog. This will then replace the existing runways with whichever ones you create.At the moment there is nothing which specifically works with the runway flatten.-Russell

Guest Bell 209

G'day Russell,Congratulations on what looks to be a worthy replacement for AFCAD 2.21! I've only just found your program and like what I see already.A few small things:1. Can we get the program linked to FSx (via FSUIPC4 or SimConnect)? This would make placement a heap easier.2. Is it possible to view the runway/taxiway lights?3. Could you modify the taxi link tool to enable new links to be joined to existing taxiways, outside of the nodes(at present you need to hit the node to connect).4. Is it possible to allow a switch between pointer and the last used menu item vua left and right mouse buttons?5. Can we please have an undo button?!Thanks very much for all your work. BTW, I'd pay for this program once it's complete!Rob

Guest rf360m

Hi Rob,Thanks for the kind comments!First I'd suggest downloading the latest build. This thread is for build 11, and we are up to 13 at the moment.To answer your questions:1) It will use SimConnect to communiate with FSX. We just haven't go that far yet.2) Viewing taxiway/runway lights is a good idea. We are still looking at the best way to implement that.3) The current build (13) allows you to add new links to existing taxiways. Hold down the shift key when adding the taxiway point and it will be inserted into a taxiway if one if exists at that point.4) I'm not sure what you mean here. What would the menu contain?5) There is an undo/redo/history feature in the current build (13).Hopefully that answers your questions.-Russell

Guest Bell 209

Geez, mate, that was quick!What I meant was being able to switch between your current command (say, build taxiway) and the pointer via left and right mouse buttons. If you have MSN Messenger, I'll talk to you about it, if you like? Send me a PM and I'll e-mail you my contact.BTW, I do have the latest version. I'll give the taxiways a try again, now I know the trick!Cheers,