Sign in to follow this  
Guest Richard Hill

FSX Streams

Guest Richard Hill

Is there an easy way to exclude the ugly stream lines from FSX?

SBuilder X will have (beta does) an Exclude All Streams. The same Shape file process is available now in the SDK. You could hand code the command using the SDK rules to cover a large area and eliminate the streams. Regards,Dick BoleyA PC, an LCD, speakers, CH yoke

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Guest Richard Hill

Dick;Thanks; for the reply! I just edited the terrain.cfg I never liked those ugly streams and they didn't do much to improve my AutoAsm rivers either. Now if I can find a good way to convert my entire state of West Virginia SID files, about 38 Gig to photo terrain.Thanks again!Richard

Global Mapper ($$$.00) or mrsidgeodecode_win.exe (free) from Lizard Tech work well. Those SID files can be very large when converted to TIF. As an example a 9mb SID is 214mb TIF. Just the San Francisco Bay area is over 2gb but it looks nice. Problems I have seen with state sources is that they are flown in the Fall to maximize ground exposure and the color match county to county can be a problem as well. The general quality is pretty good at 1m/pixel.Regards,Dick BoleyA PC, an LCD, speakers, CH yoke

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Guest Richard Hill

Dick;Yes the photographs are leaves off, and in my area that is mostly naked trees. but the rest looks good. Default towns and areas with no trees look like dead geass aras. Not a nice green like thwy shouls in the spring and summer.I was wondering as to the area coverage. As default are 10,000 x 10,000 feet I was thinkinbg of pasting 5x5 or some other number into one photo, to cover towns and or airports, them using the coordinates N,S,E,W of the photo. Would this work better or use the coordinates of each individual photo?Richard;