Sign in to follow this  
Guest rf360m

Build 14 of FSX Planner is now available (June 2)

Guest rf360m

I don't want to put a date on that yet. Right now we are focusing on getting SimConnect to FSX working. Once that is done we'll then look at direct opening of bgl files.-Russell

>I don't want to put a date on that yet. Right now we are>focusing on getting SimConnect to FSX working. Once that is>done we'll then look at direct opening of bgl files.>>-Russell>Thanks, Russel.Cheers.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Guest odog1999

Hi Russell,There appears to be a bug in the open routine, as the program can hang on loading VORs when there are none in the XML file (opening a copy+paste of the FSX KGRR XML). I was able to get around it by opening another XML first, then the problem XML file.

Guest odog1999

Turns out I was missing an XML element, which is why it couldn't find the VOR tags.There is, however, an issue with opening runways, as some KGRR rwy 8L was named by FSX PLanner as "(None) L", while 8R and some runway taxipath segments were renamed 17R.

Guest rf360m

Can you post the xml so I can take a look?-Russell

Guest rf360m

Hi all,I'm very happy to annouce that FSX Planner release 21 is now available. We have spent a lot of time working on this one to get one particular aspect working well. That aspect is SimConnect. FSX Planner is now integrated with FSX. We hope that it is intuitive and easy to use. I'm sure you'll all let us know what you think!New in this release:* FSX Planner now connects to FSX via SimConnect. FSX Planner uses a java library to connect to FSX. (It is available here and is a fantastic library: http://lc0277.nerim.net/jsimconnect.) FSX Planner supports both local and remote connections. FSX Planner will still run just fine without FSX being present (you just won't be able to connect to FSX obviously). A brief overview of how to use the SimConnect funtionality of FSX Planner follows.-The SimConnect.xml file must be placed in the C:Documents and SettingsApplication DataMicrosoftFSX folder for FSX Planner to access FSX. This is needed for both local or remote connections. The ip address and port number used in FSX Planner must match the ones specified in the xml file. If a SimConnect.xml file already exists in the folder, then make sure it contains the appropriate information.-To connect to FSX select SimConnect -> FSX Connection Status. Then make sure the ip address and port number are set properly to match those in your SimConnect.xml file. Then click connect. If all goes well FSX Planner should connect instantly to FSX.-The position of the FSX plane is displayed within FSX Planner by a small plane icon. You can display this even if you are not connected to FSX. Choose SimConnect -> Show Plane (or right click anywhere on the airport and choose "Show Plane"). The plane icon can be set to any of the default FSX planes. Each one is drawn to approximately the correct size giving you an idea of how much space the plane needs. (The sizes are accurate to within a foot).-Right click options explained:Move Cursor To FSX Plane: This will center the airport over the current location of the plane from FSX. The plane icon will be repositioned to the correct lat/lon and heading as well. You need to have loaded a flight within FSX for a valid position to be read from FSX. If the plane is outside of the airport test radius then it will not be displayed.Move FSX Plane To Icon: This will move the plane within FSX to the current lat/lon and heading of the plane icon as it is currently positioned within FSX Planner.Move Plane To Here: This will move both the plane icon in FSX Planner and the plane within FSX to the current location of the cursor. If you are not connected to FSX, then only the plane icon in FSX Planner will be moved.-There are two checkbox options in the Plane Data properties display. They are:FSX Plane auto follows cursor: This option will update the position of the plane within FSX whenever you drag the plane icon within FSX Planner. The position of the plane within FSX is updated when you release the mouse button.Cursor auto follows FSX plane: This will recenter the airport over the current position of the plane within FSX and update FSX Planner's plane icon to the correct lat/lon and heading of the plane from FSX whenever the plane moves in FSX. This is useful if you want to slew around your airport and have that position constantly updated in FSX Planner. The location of the plane is sampled and updated once a second.It is probably not a good idea to check both of these at the same time.-If you have problems getting SimConnect to work first check your ip address and ports from FSX Planner and the SimConnect.xml file. They must be the same. Then make sure your SimConnect.xml file is located in the correct folder, as stated above. FSX must obviously be running for a connection to be established.* Hold short lines are now displayed on taxiways.* Object Locking has been implemented. This dialog, located under Edit -> Object Locking, allows you to specify which objects should be locked. A locked object cannot be dragged, enabling you to prevent objects from being unintentionally moved. A locked object will have its lat/lon coordinates displayed in a text field with a red background. A locked object may still be moved by manually typing in new lat/lon coordinates.* There is now a Create Image button in the Background Image dialog. This will displa the zBlueSoftware FSX Planner maps page with the map centered over the current airport.* Adjusted the zoom in and out tools so that they zoom in and out on the location that was clicked.Bug Fixes:* The boundary fence, blast fence and apron edge light tools would sometimes not start or select new fences if another fence was currently selected without clicking multiple times to clear the currently selected fence. This has been fixed.* Fixed a bug that caused some of the VASI light spacing to be drawn inaccurately at certain zoom levels.* Fixed a bug that caused the edge lines of taxiway paths to be drawn even if the taxiway path type was not being displayed.* Fixed a bug with the zoom functionality that caused the airport to shift to one side when at maximum zoom.You can download this release here: http://www.zbluesoftware.com/fsxplanner/download.cfm (Note the new URL)-Russell

Guest luissa

> ... This will displa the zBlueSoftware FSX Planner maps>page with the map centered over the current airport.>Hello Russell,Very impressive! Does it mean that the zBlueSoftware FSX Planner mappage "becomes a part" of the FSX Planner display or that the map is opened in the same position as that of the FSX Planner display?Kind Regards, Luis

Guest odog1999

It no longer happens with that particular scenery for some reason, but it does seem to happen each time I directly copy+paste from the default FSX scenery. KAAT, for example, shows rwy 3/21 as being unnamed, with there being no label for the runway taxi segments as well:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?> 800" name="ALTURAS MUN"/> 800" name="ALTURAS MUN"/>

Hello Russell,Some problems:1. With the previous version, background images were added and correctly aligned. On saving the file, the background image information was not kept, so when re-opening the airport, I have to add the image with coordinates again.2. With new version, I get this when launching:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/175676.jpgSince I was able to run all previous versions, and I have Java 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition Version 1.4.2, I assume that there is something else that is missing.Best regards.Luis

>2. With new version, I get this when launching:>>http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/175676.jpg>>>>Since I was able to run all previous versions, and I have Java>2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition Version 1.4.2, I>assume that there is something else that is missing.>>Best regards.>>LuisLuis,I had the same when trying to run. The latest version of FSXP needs Java 1.5.Lance

Guest rf360m

Sorry for the delay in replying, but I was away on vacation last week. :)This functionality open the web page with the map centered over the airport center. It doesn't open the map in FSX Planner though.-Russell

Guest rf360m

>Hello Russell,>>Some problems:>>1. With the previous version, background images were added and>correctly aligned. On saving the file, the background image>information was not kept, so when re-opening the airport, I>have to add the image with coordinates again.>This has just started happening with release 21 for you?-Russell

Hello Russell,Thank you for your reply. I have never had any version of the program save the background image or its coordinates. For that matter, the Recent Files do not work either.Best regards.Luis

Guest rf360m

>Hello Russell,>>Thank you for your reply. I have never had any version of the>program save the background image or its coordinates. For that>matter, the Recent Files do not work either.>>Best regards.>>LuisHmm, this is very odd. What operating system are you using?-Russell