Sign in to follow this  
Holger

fsx_modified_terrain_cfg

Guest f_v@z

Hello to everyone,I'm new on this FSX, so i need some helpI just download the "fsx_modified_terrain_cfg" file but now i dont know how to install it?which folder should i select to install the "fsx_modified_terrain_cfg" to make it work ?Thanks

Hi there,welcome to the forums!If you unzip the fsx_modified_terrain_cfg.zip file into a temporary folder it'll contain a file named fs_x_modified_terrain_cfg.htm. Double-click on it and it should open a browser window with all the information you need to install the file.If those instructions aren't clear to you feel free to post again with specific questions.Cheers, Holger

Guest f_v@z

I already did that, but nothing happenedSomeone told me that after i unzip the file i must cut it and go to the the fsx terrain folder and paste it there. but i don't know which folder is and what i should cut in the fsx_modified_terrain_cfg file ??

Hi there,you mean you couldn't get the readme htm file to open? Have you tried right-clicking on it and selecting "Open"?Anyway, here's the installation section of the instructions:======================================================Installation instructionsThe original terrain.cfg file is located in the root directory - normally, this should be C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator Xbut can vary if you have installed to a different directory or on a different hard drive. In any case, if you cannot find the file, simply run a search on your hard disk, and follow these simple instructions.1. rename the original file, for example, to terrain_original.cfg2. place the included file in the Microsoft Flight Simulator X root directory3. that is it! To uninstall:1. delete the terrain.cfg file2. rename the terrain_original.cfg to terrain.cfg3. That is it!======================================================Cheers, Holger