Sign in to follow this  
Guest Loke

What scenery design tools are made for FS10?

Guest mtom

Hi all.I've not been doing any scenery design this year, but will be getting back into things soon, and I want to focuse on FS10. However, it's not clear to me what scenery design tools are taylored for the new sim. I understand that there've been a few changes and not all FS9 tools are completely compatable.So, could someone please give me an idea of what scenery design tools are made for FS10?Cheers,Matthew.

Guest mtom

Okay, I've found a few: FSX Planner (AFCAD utility?); FS92FSX v.1.0 (AFCAD converter);FSX KML (vectory utility);Library Creator XML 2.0.1 (library creator);EZ-Landclass v.3.01 (LC utility);Library Object Manager v2.00 (object placer);Living World v1.1 (animated object placer);SceneGenX v1.0 (AFCAD and object placement);Scenery Design Engine Test App. v1.1 (AFCAD and object placement?);Sbuilder (vectory utility);Some of these look as if they are in beta. Can anyone add to the list?Cheers,Matthew.

Guest fame

Good Morning Matthew:>Some of these look as if they are in beta. Can anyone add to>the list?>>Cheers,>Matthew.A quick scan of our archive reveals the following "FSX" compatible utilities and programs:Architect v4.1 Build 2FSX KML v1.08

Hello Matthew, At present, SBuilder x will create all vector terrain using Google, Microsoft Virtual Earth, or Yahoo images as a background.At the moment, a new version is in testing phase, and creates land and water class, as well as custom (photo-real) ground textures from the same Google, Virtual Earth, or Yahoo.And soon, SBuilder will also place all FS X objects, as well as all ASD and SCASM macros objects, and also taxiway signs, and create object exclusion rectangles.It should be released soon.Best regards.Luis

Guest mtom

Ta Tom. Ta Luis.Cheers,Matthew.

I can Add Airport Design Editor. This is based on SDE (Scenery Design Engine) that is mentioned above and, as it's name suggests, is intended to facilitate the design of airports or FSX. This is currently in development but should be out in the next few weeks.

Hi Matthew .. Let me add to the list FSX KML 1.09http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fsxsd&DLID=105424"FSX KML is a freeware scenery design tool for FSX. It converts KML files (created by Google Earth) into FSX scenery. Create water polygons (including oceans, rivers and lakes), islands, land class polygons (including cities, parks, beaches, forests, golf courses), airport boundaries, flatten polygons and autogen exclusions, shorelines and streams, roads with moving traffic, railways, power lines and more! And now in v1.09, place scenery objects, create extrusion bridges, and use scenery exclusion rectangles."And soon FSX KML will create traditional land and water class "tiles"!

Matthew S

Guest Loke

Thread is about what is available...good post! Just want to add in what works for me: With ADE and SBuilderx (freeware) plus Instant Scenery from Flight1...I feel I have total control of scenery like never before. With just a few mouse clicks. Downright incredible. Take a peek at my link for pics of FSX airport scenery I have made in just 4 weeks with those programs :+ PS: Oh let me add TMF Viewer from Microsoft. A great SDK gem.Cheers,