Sign in to follow this  
scott967

My first self-created .bgl lets the FSX crash... Help p...

Guest oliklottka

Hi,at first I started SBuilder, loaded the background air image of the airport and excluded the autogen with an exclude polygon - Image: http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/769/edlg1eq2.jpgI saved this as EDLG1.bgl (look at attachment).Then I started FSXPlanner and created an new airport (It isn't in default FSX). I took the coordinates from this from the official charts. I just placed runway and tower, just to test it. I left Airport Test Radius at 1m, because I don't know what it does. Image: http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/2141/edlg2mc6.jpgI saved this as EDLG2.xml and compiled it to EDLG2.bgl (look at attachment).After placing those two .bgls in the Addon Scenery Folder, FSX loads up with no problems. I can see EDLG in the airport list, but as soon as I choose it, FSX reports a problem and shuts down.What did I do wrong? If you want to test the files yourself or just have a look at it - They are attached. Excuse my English, I am German.Thanks and hoping for help,Oli.

Hello Oli,It looks very good so far, except for the crash of course.I do not know why you have this problem, but perhaps it has something to do with the airport test radius. I think, but am not absolutely sure, that the test radius is the distance at which FS will check to see that the airport is contained within, or something like that. Here is the official explanantion in the S.D.K. documentation:This optional radius will force compiler warnings if any element of the airport is outside of the radius.From what I have seen with my airports, this value is somewhere around 5000 meters, so perhaps you could try a higher value.Best regards.Luis

Hi -- I looked at the XML file for your airportI found that it complies with the schema, and compiles correctly, but it will crash FSX (like you found). I did some editing and found:If I removed the taxipoints and compiled, FSX does not crash.If I added a RUNWAY taxipath between the 2 points and compiled, FSX does not crash.My guess is that even though the schema says for both the taxipoints and taxipaths, that they can occur 0 - unbounded times, maybe it is the case that if you have any taxipoints, you must have at least 1 taxipath. Attached is my xml that worked. Maybe there is an AFCAD expert who can comment.scott s..