Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hypnotoad Studios

AFCAD: Company Node Problems

Guest Hypnotoad Studios

Hello Gentlemen,This is Kylan Walters, head of the Hypnotoad Team. We had a question about the AFCAD program. We noticed that when we would place a Airline ICAO (XXX) Code, sometimes, different airlines would pop up in that spot. this would usually depend on many variables, but is there ANY way to make it so the specific spot was STRICTLY for the airlines given in the Description????EXAMPLE: lets say i put SWA on 5 MEDIUM spots, if there are too few NWA spots for example, the NWA aircraft would impose on any unused SWA spots. is there any way to make the spots strictly for that airline, otherwise the overflowing airline spots would not impose on a different companies nodes???? Any ideas, thanks for any replies, put in your thoughts...

Guest etheberge

Kylan,First, All Glory to the Hypnotoad!Second, I don't know of a good way to do this but I'd also be interested in finding out. I don't think it can be done, I believe FS will force planes to use any gate, not withstanding of the airline parking code if it starts to run out of available gates. Personally I've been playing with the gate radius but that might not be appropriate solution for you. In my case I had one airline always using a bigger plane (lets say a SWA 737) and the other airline always using a smaller plane (lets say a NWA CRJ). To prevent them from getting mixed up, I adjusted the parking radius of the NWA gate to be just over the minimum necessary for the CRJ but too small for the SWA 737. This worked ok in my case because there was only one plane type using both gates so figuring out the radius was easy. Even when doing that I think that you end up simply displacing the problem (If there is no more space at the SWA gates, that extra 737 might not show up at the NWA gates but it will appear somewhere else if there's space). Maybe others know more but I don't think that 100% accurate AI parking is possible :-( -Erik T.

Guest Hypnotoad Studios

Hmm, Wow, ok, thanks, our team will definitely Try that as a new solution.... once again, thanks:-beerchug

>Hmm, Wow, ok, thanks, our team will definitely Try that as a>new solution.... once again, thanks:-beerchug Go over to fsdeveloper.com and have a look in the forums there.Reggie Fields has done extensive investigation vis-a-vis FSXparking and there are several posts addressing the issues.You will also find several new tools in development there thatwill give us AFCAD-like ability to modify FSX airports. Paul

Wide-5.jpg

Guest Hypnotoad Studios

OH, GREAT, thanks alot, we will definetly look at Reggie's posts....Thanks...