Sign in to follow this  
Bell417

Question on addon airport file loading....

HI, I have downloaded many different freeware airports and am wondering why the files of some of the airport sceneries will only load when I am within the vicinity of that airport, while others will continue to load when I am 800NM away from them? All are installed in the ADDON Scenery folder. Also I was thinking of purchasing Instant Scenery to try my hand at some local airports - will this situation occur when I make sceneries with that program (re: the constant call within FS9 for all the files I have created, whether I am in the area or not)? Thanks for any help.Regards, KendallDell 8400 3.2 GHZ H.T.3GB 533 DDR2X800XT 256MB/Catalyst driver - 7.1's6x AA/16x HQ A/FDiamond Xtreme/Logitech X-530'sDual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905CH Yoke/Pedals - Saitek Throttle

Regards, Kendall

I'm not sure why the airports load when you're not near them. I do know that when I fly at one place and then another, the tower view from the previous airport is sometimes an option even if it is halfway around the world!:-hmmm As to making scenery, nothing against Instant Scenery, but if you have the Deluxe version then you can use the Object Placement Tool that comes with the SDK. Microsoft doesn't include any instructions for setting it up or using it but you can download some from the avsim file library by searching for "Scenery Design" in the FSX section. The file you are looking for is called "Make Scenery with the Object Placement Tool" and its file name is, "making_scenery with_object placement_tool.zip". I wold try using this first and then if you didn't like it you could get Instant Scenery.