Sign in to follow this  
nudata

Annotator - Object Density Setting?

In my system I have to set my Autogen density to extreme to see Annotator added library objects. Since I have a low end PC if I mix other objects with Autogen objects the system becomes unusable. Is there a way to set the visible density for Autogen library objects to say Normal to reduce the overall Autogen impact?In the Autogen SDK there is the following for setting the GUID for objects:===============================================Creating Building and Vegetation Footprints 1. For Polygon Region(I), Vegetation(V), Polyline Building (J) and Building (:(, first select the GUID of the footprints you wish to place, by opening up the appropriate file using the Configuration Editor dialog (which will appear when the Annotator tool is started), and then selecting the object name from the lists presented in the various windows. ====================================================:-haloDoes anyone know the file they refer to with "opening the appropriate file"?:-halo Regards,Dick BoleyA PC, an LCD, speakers, CH yoke

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Hello Dick,On my low end PC, if I set autogen to Extremely Dense, it all disappears! My computer cannot handle so many objects. So, I always keep it at Normal and Annotations are displayed correctly.I am putting together a guide to use of the Annotator:These are the relevant files for use with the Autogen Configuration Editor: 1. AutogenDescriptions.xml -- this file contains, among other things, the definitions of all vegetation types 2. Extrusions.xml -- the definitions for polyline buildings 3. RoofDescriptions.xml -- the definitions for normal autogen buildingsAll these files are located in the Autogen source xml folder of the Autogen SDK directory.To begin, you must first load one of the autogen description files. For example, this is what you might see when loading the AutogenDescriptions.xml file:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/174119.jpgThere are various windows that are not relevant to this explanation, and you should only take into account the Vegetation Groupings window.There are two different categories: Groupings and Regionalizations. Each one contains the specific autogen vegetation types that you can select for use in the Annotator;Here is one of those headings when expanded:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/174120.jpgYou can select any of the vegetation types from the Groupings or Regionalizations headings. To select a vegetation type, simply click on it as follows:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/174121.jpgOnce you have selected the desired vegetation type in the Autogen Configuration Editor, you must switch back to the Autogen Annotator.Of course, you must load the custom (photo-real) textures in the Annotator through the File menu:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/174122.jpgYou can use the Control Strip buttons to pan and zoom in the texture. Or, if you prefer, use the mouse wheel to zoom, and pan by pressing and dragging it.Next to the Vegetation buttons, you will see the "Set GUID" button. If you have correctly selected the vegetation type in the Editor, clicking on this button will determine the specific vegetation to be added.There are 2 distinct vegetation shapes that you can use to add trees to the texture: 1. Vegetation -- this is the old-style rectangular shape. It can be any size desired; 2. Polygon Region -- new to FS X, with this you can draw any irregular polygon of your choice.To draw the old-style rectangular tree areas, click on the Vegetation button or press the keyboard equivalent, "V". Then, click on the texture to draw the rectangle.To draw the new Polygon Region vegetation area, click on the button or press the keyboard equivalent, "I". Then, click on the texture to draw the irregular polygon.To close the polygon, you must right-click. This will display a menu:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/174123.jpgSelect one of the menu options to finish drawing the polygon.Please note that excessively complex polygons may not give the desired results.The building and polyline building functions work similarly.For the row houses and library objects, there is no need to open an xml file.The guide will include pictures of all the autogen object types that can be added - about 600, I think!Best regards.Luis

Thanks for the excellent information. Microsoft should hire you to write their SDKs. I am sure that your tutorial on the Annotator will be a welcome addition. Regards,Dick BoleyA PC, an LCD, speakers, CH yoke

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA