Sign in to follow this  
Guest DocW

making an airfield appear in the FS maps

Guest DocW

Greetings to all,I have now the excellent Airports of Frank Betts and I wonder if there is an easy way now to make his airports show up in the microsoft map? Is there a shortcut for the uninitiated or is this something only the developer could do?

Hello Michael,When you say "microsoft map", I assume that you mean the Map view (World - Map menu).Any airport that has an airport layout (AFCAD in FS 9, and APX in FS X) will display in the Map and GPS views, as well as in the airport selection window (World - Airport menu).So, the question is, does that add-on include that kind of file?Best regards.Luis

Guest DocW

Thank you Luis.You are right, I meant the map view.To check that question, I downloaded AFCAD and tried to open all three .bgl files of every airport of this add on. For each file, it says that it is not recognised AFD format. So I guess, there is no AFCAD file with it.Looks like I have to learn how to attach an AFCAD file with it, right?

Guest DocW

Luis,not without proud, I may report that I added the airport to the Mapview. I downloaded AFCAD 221 and created simply the geographical location of the airport (I have no info about the runway etc.) and made a parking spot (sadly slightly outside the actual field, but not a bad start).This was my first scenery work ever.btw, this is quoted from the readme of the file:"Tested with Fs2004. PIII 866 with a geforce 32 meg video card. It all ran smooth Folks.Author of this scenery, Frank Betts. 09-1-2003. claudebetts@attbi.com*********DEFAULT SCENERY. NO 3rd PARTY MESH USED***********************NOTE!********** These sceneries will NOT show up on the Map screen or GPS screen at this time, until the scenery SDK comes out to explain how to make it show up. ARGH!This scenery was made possible with Flight Simulator Scenery Creator V1.5.9.) and is copyrighted