Sign in to follow this  
scott967

FS9 Airport plateau

Guest jpm1

Hi , i ve a problem when installing high res mesh (happens only with 38m mesh not in 76m) . I put images it ll be simpler :)LG0D in 76m (normal):GCS0007.jpgLG0D 38m :GCS0002.jpg Does somebody know the solution ? Thanks

It appears the airport is at the wrong elevation.1. Determine correct elevation2. Create new flatten at the correct elevation3. Create new airport reference point file at correct elevation (important) and place in sceneryworldscenery4. Create standard AFCAD file at correct elevation (make sure runways and starts are also at correct elevation).I've seen this happen often at small airports that aren't accurately charted.scott s..

Guest jpm1

How to create a flatten at correct elevation , how to create a new airport point file ?

Guest jpm1

How to create a flatten at correct elevation , how to create a new airport point file ?

Is this FSX? SBuilderX 3.10 can modify the terrain and Airport Design Engine can modify the airport elevation. It looks like online sources show this airport at 198m, but looking at Google Earth that is showing it should be about 68m instead.scott s..

Changing the airport elevation is a pretty tricky business. The guys in Redmond have still not added a DeleteAirportElevation flag to BGLComp, so the game will always read and apply the default APX elevation.Dick Ludowise came up with a nice solution that we have discussed often here - create a small file with only airport reference, runway and start point elevations, compile, and place below the regional files. That way, the elevation in that file is read first and is applied to the terrain.Best regards.Luis

Guest jpm1

I finished as i was newbie in scenery design it took me a little time to master AFCAD , ScengenX & others Sbuilder i had almost finished the scene with Scengenx but the map calibration system s not very pratical so i decided to remake the whole scenery with Sbuilder well in fact it s very simple you just have to set the right altitude with AFCAD put a specimen in world/scenery for the game to read the right coordinnates before the default ones then to create a flatten , an exclude with Sbuilder and the result GCS0005-1.jpgThanks :)Filename : LG0D.zip AVSIM Flightsim just finished uploading