Sign in to follow this  
Guest liberalgeek

SBuilderX now Available

Unlike the previous version for FS X, with SBuilder X (version 3.10), you can: - load background images directly into SBuilder from any image server (Ask, Yahoo, MultiMap, Microsoft Virtual Earth, Google, etc.) with some third-party dlls that are in the public domain; - use background images to automatically make custom (photo-real) ground textures; - create all vector terrain elements; - create FS compliant land and water class; - make old style textured polygons with textures of your choice; - place any FS X or FS 9 style library object, as well as all API and ASD macros; - exclude objects using BGLComp exclusion rectangles; - create windsocks, taxiway signs, place beacons and effects.The possibilities are innumerable and, as usual with SBuilder, the interface is simple and easy to use.At the moment, there is no help file or complete tutorial - all that will come later as soon as there is time. But, use of the program is not complicated at all and most of the functions work exactly the same as in SBuilder for FS 9 so its help file is still valid for just about everything.Please get it, try it, and tell Luis S

Luis,Thanks very much for the new release.I've been trying this out to see how the photo ground textures work and it seems to work great. SBuilderX now makes the whole process of loading and tiling the "background" Images that much easier and with the use of the Resample tool in the SDK we should now be able to place our own custom photo scenery into FSX.Thanks again for the great work on SBuilderX.Kind regards,Ralph.

I have been using SBuilder for FS9 and loved it. This new version if it can make photoreal at a high res would be awesome! It even has the ability of custom ramp textures, WOW!. If SBX can do all of the above then this could be the answer to us scenery designers prayers for FSX.Thanks Luis!Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Guest Dan G Martin

Hello there Dick I will download the above and play around with it as well as several people at Flight Ontario use SBuilder for Fx9. BTW thanks for your time spent building this tool. Dan Martin Flight Ontario

Guest Dan G Martin

DUH!! my apoligies to Luis and thanks for the heads up as well. Dan Martin. Flight Ontario.

This one sure is easy to use for photo sceneries!

Guest liberalgeek

how do you do it?