Sign in to follow this  
Guest flightgamer

Would you download our Package???

Guest Hypnotoad Studios

Hello, i am President of Hypnotoad Studios, and i have a curiosity question... in a week (after the beta testing) we will release our project of 2007.... it is an AFCAD package including 110+ Canada and USA airports both Moderate, Large and Major Airports..... here are the airports to be in BETA soonKVGTKHNDKSAVKNIPKPDXKSDF (UPS)KGEGKBOIKDENKCYSKAPAKSTPKMKEKDPAKMDWKINDKSGHKFFOKDAYKMOTKBICKGTFKSMFKICTKOKCKTULKDFWKDALKSATKIAHKLFTKMSYKJANKCVGKNIPKSDFKBNAKMEMKSTLKATLKMCNKTPAKDABKMCOKPBIKDCAKIADKBWIKPHLKEWRKLGAKCHSKVNYKLGBKCLEKCYSKLNKKMSPKHWDKCMHKFWAKTOLKPTKKBTLKLANKCLTKGSOKCAEKFTYKLZUKPNSKBTRKCWFKIADKHPNKMMVKTEBKALBKILGKMTNKBDLKMHTKPWNKBGRKPITKELMKBKLKDTWKCRPKFWSKRBDKAFWKFTWKELPKSAFKABQKIWAKPHXKRNOKSLCKLASKONTKSANKLAXKOAKKSFOKSJCKSEAKRDUKBURKORDKMIAKSYRCanada Airports so far plannedCYVRCYYZCYYTCYULPlease Post and say your comments, they are allways welcome.....(FSX VERSION WILL FOLLOW A FEW WEEKS AFTER, WE HOPE)

Guest Hypnotoad Studios

Here is a picture of Dallas Ft Worth for example.... each airport it stripped down and then built up by hand from scratch.. our team just completed this one a few minutes ago....only certain airlines service certain airports, certain airlines service certain terminals and the aircraft at each terminal are manually lined up to the gates respective peir..... We use the FAA and other resources to accurately place aircraft at their terminals and airlines at there gates....For Instance, we also do HUB accommodation's, take Atlanta for example HUGE Delta HUB, so we place accurate parking only for delta off to the side where their maintanence buildings are.....Below is Dallas Ft-Worth, look over..... we put alot of care into each airport.... no crude jobs here 24259122bff3c9c6a98a28c681506692d3b8d2.jpg2425921ff031ad05283f8f3710d1cccfce250a.jpg242593dff42092ba0cd%38%303341fe9751fc47cd2.jpg242594b546fafd237dcb91cc1aa12519c6e4e4.jpgremember, that is with each airport..... also remember, all these airports are in one package..... no more keeping track of 100's of separate packs on AVSim, here is your one stop upgrade available soon... for FS2004, then later FSX, we hope you enjoy our work....-----------------------------314 Hours so far-------------------------

Guest shearerc

Hi Kylan,That's quite an effort from your team there. I would definitely give the packages a try, it's better than spending hours downloading single AFCADs considering the high number of major airports in N.America.One comment though - I hope your AFCADs do not break existing ILS approaches which are defined in the stock BGLs. (for example changing a runway or its designator will break pre-defined instrument approaches, unless manual XML approach coding is done for the new/altered runways)Looking forward to the release! Thanks for making them available for downloads.

Guest Hypnotoad Studios

Absolutely not, we deal souly with lighting, Parking, AI Traffic management and a few others.......We just finished Denver, i included an all new, fully functional 16000X200 FT runway 34L/16R with full realistic ILS........ off of charts....WE NEVER mess with existing ILS.....We will be releasing a service pack soon for both KLAX, KMIA and a few others once the package is released..... there were some reports of ILS problems with one of the runways, they will be fixed in the SP ReleaseWe hope you all enjoy our release set to be in a week and a half after a week of BETA Testing.....

I suppose I would have to download in order to see what has been done to each airport. The question then would be would I replace my FS9 airports with those that your team designed.I am confused on several areas that you show for KDFW and statements made.In your attached pictues you have placed multiple codes into each parking spot and some don't follow any type Airline coded standard. Adding more than four Airline codes diminishes the value of the code. After the fourth code is placed into the gate properties, the effect (influence) in the parking process decreases. It really decreases with the second code, but after four we found that factors such as radius can over rule a fifth and later parking code.On those same lines what radius standard is being used for the parking spots which many have already used AITM to adjust their model.mdl for hundreds of AI planes to the Recommended Radius Specs standard found on various web sites. There are many independent offical AFCAD's available already in package form. Many many airports were done that had to go through a strict check system to be sure of their accuracy prior to uploading. These AFCAD's adhere to taxiway overlays, diamond additions, crosswind runways, proper placement of Airlines, Cargo, GA placement, overspill parking do to the way FP's are designed, etc.you say that you deal >>souly with lighting, Parking, AI Traffic management >and a few others.......>but then announce >>We just finished Denver, i included an all >new, fully functional 16000X200 FT runway >34L/16R with full realistic ILS>Adding a ILS with AFCAD has nothing to do with AI traffic management because AI Planes do not adhere to a AFCAD added ILS. The RWY record owns the added ILS for the User Plane only and not the Approach code.>>WE NEVER mess with existing ILS.....>If that is true then how did you renumber RWY 16/34 at KDEN and give us a KMIA where 3 out of 4 runways in FS9 are no longer numbered correctly.you said>>we put alot of care into each airport.... >no crude jobs here>It will be interesting on how your team addresses some of these issues with just the 3 airports I have listed. There are accurate KMIA's KDEN's, already available for FS9 with embedded companion Approach code that manages AI traffic correctly.Looking forward to seeing if these AFCAD's give us anything better then what is already available in package form.

Guest Hypnotoad Studios

Oh, i can assure you, with a few of these airports, there are definite AFCADS out there that are better than some of my AFCADS... the difference is, we have 113 AFCADS in this file, by-all-means, download the other one, but do you know how many times your gonna have to click that "Download" Button to get 113 airports..... the Upside to this file is you can download this one, then just overwrite the ones we made, with the ones you desire.... its as simple as that.... >WE NEVER mess with existing ILS.....Absolutely true, we dont unless we added the runway... we saw no reason to mess with the existing ILS becouse of annoying hassles in the basic .xml files.... im sure you can agreeim am not sure what you mean by:>Adding a ILS with AFCAD has nothing to do with AI traffic management >because AI Planes do not adhere to a AFCAD added ILS. The RWY record >owns the added ILS for the User Plane only and not the Approach code.First off, AI will use those new runways, we actively watched a USA aircraft land on RWY 34L at Denver..... we also used the LevelD and landed using FULL Land 3.... im not sure how much more integrated i can make it..>you say that you deal >souly with lighting, Parking, AI Traffic management>and a few others.......ok... We deal with all of the following wherever possible: Lighting, Parking, AI Traffic management, Runways, ILS, NAVAIDS, Airline Accuracy, Gate Alignment on specific Airports... And a few others... (just did that to rub you the wrong way :( )>It will be interesting on how your team addresses some of these >issues with just the 3 airports I have listed...Indeed :-coolHope you will give us a try, remember, we made 113 files..... VERY TIRINGi really like your Enthusiasm and criticism, it will make us better... it will be nice to see your 100+ AFCAD file.... :-lukeHope you will all like our work, good night everyone....Visit us, www.hypnostudios.com

>i really like your Enthusiasm and criticism, it will make us>better... it will be nice to see your 100+ AFCAD file....>:-lukeKylan,I hope you don't mind me joining the discussion? If you search the file library here using Jim Vile as the author, you'll see Jim doesn't have a 100+ AFCAD package for download. But you will find AFCADs that adhere to the full FS9 and FSX standards, along with compliance with aviation related factors.There are many designers, of differing levels, such as myself, that appreciate the insight and knowldege that Jim shares with the FS community and fellow designers. I would hope that any comments offered by Jim are accepted not as criticism, but as an opportunity to learn and to further refine any AFCAD work that you may do. It's more important to most simmers that they have one excellent AFCAD, than many average AFCADs.And no, I am not implying your work is average in the above comment.Lance

You shouldn't have to ask -- just change the toad's eyes to expanding concentric circles, and have him say 'Download our package' over and over again.Godzone Virtual Flight, for 'Real New Zealand' sceneryhttp://www.windowlight.co.nz

Guest flightgamer

Absolutely, actually, i searched his name right after i posted, i noticed quite an impressive inventory, and i do apologize IF there was any negative imposition upon Mr. Vile...Im sure you can agree, it really isn't much fun to download 10-20 GREAT AFCADs... And all your other airports are Stock, with 5 parking spots a piece ... we wanted our package to be the building block, the upgrade package if you will... im sure it has accomplished this, alot of the other packages exceed ours by alot..... especially great authors like Mr. Vile.....I must say, my "Co-Worker" Marcus, had somewhat of a disorder working on KLAX so much, he did a great job....Just give us a try ;-)See You Guys

Guest flightgamer

Mr. Jim VileExcellent work on all 104 of your AFCADs...Ive got em all, how long did you take, that, your definitely a roll mode to our team