Sign in to follow this  
Guest Albatross7107

Adding a refueling point to an aorport - How?? (FS9)

Guest Albatross7107

I've hunted all over this site and the net in general... I've made my own airport and I want a refueling station on it. I've added the visual object, but that's not enough apparently as I still can't refuel.What am I missing?I used AFCAD for the airport and ObPlacerXML to add a tower, radar, ILS shed, NDB shack, and pumps for fuel (same model as the ones at PMDY) This is of course FS9/FS2004...

You need three items to make your refueling station work.One is the physical model. You already have that.The second is the trigger element. This defines the invisible boundaries of the fueling area. I don't know of any scenery programs that can do this. You would have to hand code the xml and then compile the .bgl with Microsoft's BGLComp.The third item is the services element, which also has to be coded in xml and then compiled. This item tells the Map View and the GPS that fuel is available at your airport.If I can be of any assistance, let me know.Todd

Guest Albatross7107

Looks like all I'm needing is the trigger then, AFCAD let's you spec what fuels are available and they are showing in the GPS screen.Soooo, can you aim me at a tutorial, or example so I can learn this skill?Also, can it be coded in a seperate BGL so I don't screw it up if I want to add more scenery later?IE - AFCAD BGL for the "field", Scenery BGL for the buildings (I have this right now) and then one more fuel BGL for the trigger, or maybe the trigger and the fuel pump?

Guest JoeW

This is the xml code for a fuel/repair square. It will make a 20 Meter x 20 Meter square. place the longitude and latitude from where you want it in the sime. This will work in both FSX and FS9. 80.498158" alt="0" altitudeIsAgl="TRUE" pitch="0" bank="0" heading="0" imageComplexity="NORMAL"> You will need to compile it thru bglcomp.exe that is in the SDK of whichever sime you are using.Joe W.

Guest Albatross7107

WORKED PERFECTLY!! I simply replaced the Long and Lat with the Long and Lat of the gas pump and compliled it as it's own file.So now I have 3 BGLs in my add on directoryafcad.BGLscenery.BGLfuel trigger.BGLAs long as I don't move the pump in my scenery BGL all will work as expected, of course if I do, I'll have to change the Long and Lat in the fuel trigger XML and recompile.* I often find threads here that come to the point of almost answering my question, but lacking that closure to make the information complete - that's why I posted the above - that and to say THANKS! for all the help.One last thing - where would I have found this info? Is there a particular part of the SDK that talks about this? I must have missed it - or I don't have that part....

It's in the BGLComp SDK. All the XML commands are explained there, including the trigger.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest Albatross7107

AH HA! Sure is. I hadn't even downloaded that part of the SDK until the above code was provided and said I had to compile it with "bglcomp.exe" Having OBplacer I didn't need it, as it compiles the bgl for you.Now I see I have ALOT to go over. 70+ pages - Not for the fueling, but there seems to be alot of other things too....windsocks and so on...

Guest JoeW

If you use the part of that where it starts with "Scenery Object" and ends with the same and paste it into an existing xml at the bottom it will also work that way.Joe W.

>Having OBplacer I didn't need it, as it compiles the bgl for>you.I guess I need to release the version of ObPlacer XML where I also added the fuel trigger as an object type you can place then :).

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

>>Having OBplacer I didn't need it, as it compiles the bgl>for>>you.>>I guess I need to release the version of ObPlacer XML where I>also added the fuel trigger as an object type you can place>then :).The FSX version? :-jumpy

>The FSX version? :-jumpy No, I added the feature to the Fs2004 version some time ago, because I needed it for an airport I was working on.But I am thinking about a FsX version as well. I even started a little bit on the coding already. But I can't say when it will be ready.

Arno

>But I am thinking about a FsX version as well. I even started>a little bit on the coding already. But I can't say when it>will be ready.>Sounds great Arno!I'll be a patient wannabee designer and let me know if you need a beta-tester, I'd be happy to give it a run through.Lance, from SoCal

Guest Albatross7107

Hold the phone... You mean you *can* place it with ObPlacer? Where's the latest version then, becasue if that's true, then I must have an older one...

Yes, but that last version of ObPlacer XML is unreleased at the moment. I'll see if I can release that update soon.

Arno