Sign in to follow this  
Guest liberalgeek

scenery error

Guest liberalgeek

i have many scenery geotiff files and i keep getting an error when compiling the inf file.it goes through either 1630 or 1931 cells and then it says memory "allocation failure error the application will now exit"my inf file is attachedWhat I want to do, is make photo scenery for Seattle.is their a limit to the file size of the bgl fileof the inf filea limit to the number of sources?or what is the problemthe errror message overlayed on the command prompt window is attached as well.any help would be sincerely appreciated. the program i am using to download the images is global mapper.

Hi,The maximum size of a BGL file to be loaded correctly by FsX is 2 GB. But I never had an error on that during compilation, I have had 6 GB files being produced, which simply did not show in FsX at all.My first guess would be that you might have hit a limit with the number of sources in one INF file. Have you try to compile with less images in the INF file?

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest liberalgeek

i will try thatmy guess would be a binary limit such as 256/512the biggest i have ever tried before is 227.so would you think 256 or 512 should do.in related news...i can generate a list of filesthrough dir >> file.txtis their a way to have it output 255 files at a time, or any other number. so make a list of all the files, but split the list up in to pieces 255 files long?ps...how do i become an mvp, or beta tester.i would love to apply

Guest liberalgeek

i did it with 255 and it is workingand i created a macro so i copy 255 lines of dataand in word, click the macro button, and it pastes it from excel as tabbed data, and then it makes each one its own line.awesome!edit...255 seems to work well

Guest liberalgeek

another detail....i have created macros in excel and dosso all i have to do is download, run a dos command paste result into a column in excel, then run 20 or so macros, and after running each macro tabbing over to word, running its macro then to notepad to paste, edit one line by hand and save as .inf

What is the total size of the files? both in the case that worked and the case that didnt?

Guest liberalgeek

well...thank you phil taylori got it to work.i think there is a limit to the number of files in an inf file. i have found that 255 works.do not want to try 512, because that would require a major rewrite of my macros!usually i would charge a bogolight donation to share them, but for you...the almighty fs scenery genius/msfsmvp/aces studies guy...freei will pm you with the macros, they are cool!alright....the file sizeinf version 1 had 526 files worth 1.47gbinf file was 65.3 kbwhen i split it up into 25525516it workedthey were 31.4 kb31.4 kb2.08 kbthe resulting bgls for the successful compilation was156mb 156mb and 8.62 mbthanks-bendo you want me to pm you or email you?if you want to see my awesome macro goodness...email me at x@y.zwhere x is liberalgeeky is gmailz is com