Sign in to follow this  
=Hollywood=

How to create a scenery installer parser?

Can anyone give any clues as to how to create a batch file or something that can parse the scenery.cfg file and add new scenery into a users scenery library?I've got some scenery ready for release but the only drawback is knowing which registry keys to look for for the FSX folder as well as being able to parse the scenery.cfg file to add the scenery into the users library...e.g.I want to add the folders c:....Flight Simulator XFSDreamscapesScenery into their scenery.cfg file...

Dean Mountford
Ultimate VFR

Guest mikiair

Hi dmountford,installing scenery can of course be done the classical way: instruct the user to copy the files to the appropriate folder and activate the scenery in FSX manually.Another way you might use: the tool "MH's Scenery Configurator" (just accidently created by myself ;-) file name is fsscncfg11.zip here at avsim). This program may be distributed together with some sort of batch accompanied by the scenery files.Michael

Thanks Michael, but I need something I can do myself as it's for a commercial release and don't want the user to have to manually install it...What I want is to be able to drop the files into a specially created directory and have it also add the entry to scenery.cfg transparently...I'm already down to only a 50% cut of the release revenue so I need to be able to learn how to parse the files myself and create my own install routine I can run at install time...

Dean Mountford
Ultimate VFR