Sign in to follow this  
arno

FS X docking simbols and gate indicators?

Guest petemaxkoller

HiI am new here, made some scenery design with FS2002.Now I downloaded AFX Airport Facilitaor for FS X from Flight One.Works perfect with FS X and I am modifying some Swiss Airports.Additionally I want to put:1. On the taxyways near the gates a indicateor (gate number) on the ground for the online-pilots to see when they have to turn to the indicated gate.2. Animated docking simbol on the buildings near the jetways.This two items i can not do with AFX. With which additional program can I do this and where can I get the objects?Thanks for helping.Peter

Hi Peter,>1. On the taxyways near the gates a indicateor (gate number)>on the ground for the online-pilots to see when they have to>turn to the indicated gate.This is not a feature that is simply included in one of the SDKs. I think you would have to make some ground polygons yourself and put the correct texture on them. A tool like GMax could be used to make them.>2. Animated docking simbol on the buildings near the jetways.Do you mean the systems that help the pilot to park his aircraft? It would require some hand coding to get them fully working and as far as I know now they can not be made with FsX techniques only. So I think you would have to make them as Fs2004 objects and then tweak them further. But that is not very easy of course.I have released some docking systems for Fs2004, for example the SafeGate and SafeDock systems that you could use.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog