Sign in to follow this  
Guest ajsh

help ground 2k4

Guest ajsh

help plz,I managed to create an island in ground2k and it has come out well (surface visible and landable)except that when seen thru map mode or in gps the island terrain is not visible .there is only water.why?how to overcome this problem?plz respond.tried posting in fs9 forum . no response yet.I am new to scenery design:-hmmm

It is difficult to know the reason for your problem.Would you please indicate step-by-step everything you did to make the island, e.g.:1. drew Water Mask;2. drew Land Mask for island,etc.Thank you.Best regards.Luis

Guest ajsh

ok here is what i did1.created land using area modification2.in fill/lwm chose land,altitude -99993.created landclass uising LC4.created coastline using lines, lwm poly-land,alt -9999m5.ceated a poly without shore at 30 ft using lines lwm poly6.built few raods6 ok i did not use water mask .I got a nice square island with waves and everything.but it does not appear in map view in fs9.7.chose update raw file in preferences8.compiled it.9.got a few .bgl's. added to addon scenery folder is there any step i missed?i've attached pics.10. created airport using afcad thanks in advancehttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/176454.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/176455.jpg

Flight Simulator is a work in progress, and sometimes there are features that do not yet work as expected.In FS 9, it seems that the Area modification functions were not yet completed, so some aspects of it are not working.Christian Fumey, the creator of Ground2K, thoroughly investigated all the possibilities of FS and included them in his program even if they did not work quite right. He mentions this repeatedly in his notes.So, please do not make an island in that way. Instead, 1. draw a Water Mask that is larger than the island you wish to create.2. draw a Land Mask over it with the correct shape of your island.3. assign Land Class to the island, remembering to extend the coverage beyond the coasts of the island, but within the limits of the new Water Mask.Please let us know if that works.Best regards.Luis

Guest ajsh

hi luis, well i tried it but it did not work.all i can see in map mode is water.the same as above.