Sign in to follow this  
adr179

Is there a way to make FS X runway just for GPS display&AI ?

I'm looking for a way to make a runway in FS X that is actually completely invisible in scenery and even has no flattens.For the visual part of the scenery I would use custom ground textures, mesh is so precise it already produces a flat and even airport surface, all I would like to add to this airport (and it's grass, so visible textures are really disturbing) is some code that will make it visible in airport list and in GPS and useable for AI traffic and without any visual element for runway or taxiway elements or flatten. Is something like this at all possible in FS X?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You can try setting the runway and taxiway widths to 0 meters. This might make them invisible in the game.I think that this did not work correctly when FS X was in beta, but from what I remember, it was fixed for the release. However, I have not tried it myself yet, so can give no guarantees.Of course, the GPS will list the runway as having a width of 0 meters, but it should appear there and in the list of world airports.Best regards.Luis

Well, if this is the only solution, then I'd certainly like to have this kind of functionality(invisible runway, no flatten, just display in scenery list & GPS)to be placed on Aces wish list for the next version of MSFS. Thanks for Your reply Luis.