Sign in to follow this  
Shaka

FSDS 3.5 Early Reviews?

Guest bertvankampen

>I have to agree that it is odd that they do not even offer a>support forum where we could at least get together to help>each other out. The only "manual" they give us is a help>file, which is of limited usefulness. GMAX doesn't come with>a manual either, but at least there are how-to book s you can>buy (plus GMAX is free(.>>Having said that, the reason I stick with FSDS is due to it's>simplicity, and I've been using it so long I guess I don't>need a proper manual. Still, it would be nice if they had a>support forum.>>- MartinI fully agree...It's very easy to handle, but indeed why was/is there no FSDS support forum in all those years?But you always can visit: http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25Bert

Guest bertvankampen

>I'm new to it, and having struggled with GMAX like its>simplicity. I have one problem though. I can't get home-made>textures to display in FSX -- they show up as black on the>model. >Read at the FSDevFSDS forum:You may set up the paths at the front of FSDSv3.5 to do the follwing:1- Compile with Makemdl into FS20042- Compile with Makemdl into FSX (If you do this, TEXTURE EVERYTHING or you will have BLACK parts.)3- Compile with Xtomdl into FSX. RegardsBert

>Hi Martin,>You wrote "...but I bought it anyway as a "why not" upgrade.">Note: Upgrade from FSDS v3.0 to v3.5 is FREE...>>Regards>BertYes, of course - please replace "bought" with "downloaded". I guess what I was trying to say is that for existing owners of 3.0, there was no reason not to download it.- Martin