Sign in to follow this  
sascha

Editing default autogen is driving me nuts

Hi all,I am trying to edit the autogen for default. My Microsoft Annotator allows the placing of library objects but i have no control over the objects. They are picked randomly from a class /urban, rural etc.). I can't even see which objects are in a specific class. However, it seems that other designers seem to have control over the objects.Can anybody recommend a download location for a good autigen tool? This is driving me nuts becaus I want a gas tank park and I have 12 different objects on the tank locations!Thanks and best,Sascha:-mad

Hello Sascha,For complete control over object placement, you will probably not want to use the Autogen Annotator.Instead, have you tried the Object Placement Tool? Please see Make Scenery with the Object Placement Tool http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?&DLID=96257You can view all of the default library objects with the Autogen Editor, (please note that this is not the Annotator!)Best regards.Luis

Hi Luis,many thanks for the reply, I'm sorry I wasn't accurate in my rant - I am trying to edit FS2004 autogen (default agn files eg. 010a2an2.agn) and I was annoyed that I can change the textures but not the respective autogen annotation with any degree of control.My problem is that most tutorials are concerned with new scenery, not the default textures so I have not found anything.Do you know if there is any tool for FS2004 which will give me some control over autogen placement for default textures?Best regards,Sascha

Very sorry I misunderstood, Sascha. As far as I know, it is not possible to select more specific objects for default textures using autogen annotations. The game will always choose an object randomly.In any case, if you were able to change the default autogen the way you wish, the specific gas tanks would display everywhere in the world where that texture appeared. Is that what you want?Perhaps, again, the easiest solution is to place the library objects individually in that precise location using any object placement tool. I use SBuilder, because it is easy to use, and has an image pack with clear bright pictures of all the library objects.Best regards.Luis

Thanks for your advice - I'll take your advice and get to grips with the tool you developed. Can I access the default library objects with it?The week is already half over and an FS design weekend is coming up!:9Sascha