Sign in to follow this  
dokelly07

Adding Trees?

Ok, it seems simple to me, but may not be so in reality.I am looking to simply add some trees around an airport in FSX. This is my local airport,and FSX makes it seem as though it is in a field, even with autogen on Dense. I know that it has to do with the landclass surrounding the aiport, but I would love to be able to make the immediate surroundings as forested as they really are. Can this be done, if so, what program should I use for the best results. Thanks so much in advance for any help you can offer.Danon ---

Library Object Manager has a tool that will create areas filled with trees. It can have a random selection of trees at varying sizes and densities. You can find it here at AVSIM on on my website.

Guest marcdavison

In fsx there are a couple of ways of doing this.1) You can enable the Object Placer from the SDK which will let you Place Items from within Flightsim. Have a search for a how-to for that.2) You can use the Autogen Annotator that comes with the sdk to define autogen trees around the airfield3) Use a tool called Whisplacerusing options 2 and 3 above, along with FSX Planner and SBuilderx (all free) I've just modified the Default Banff airport, which involved moving it to it's correct position and height, giving it a photo background (not perfect yet) and placing trees in the correct places, plus a few other items.it now looks like this: http://picasaweb.google.com/marccdavison/BanffFrom scratch, including learning how to do all of it took me about 4 evenings last week.Good places to start researching are, this forum, plus:http://www.fsdeveloper.comhttp://www.scenery.org/Of course once you've learnt what to do everytime you land somewhere and the airfield is a little disappointing you'll want to enhance it :)

Guest sparker256

>Ok, it seems simple to me, but may not be so in reality.>>I am looking to simply add some trees around an airport in>FSX. This is my local airport,and FSX makes it seem as though>it is in a field, even with autogen on Dense. I know that it>has to do with the landclass surrounding the aiport, but I>would love to be able to make the immediate surroundings as>forested as they really are. Can this be done, if so, what>program should I use for the best results. Thanks so much in>advance for any help you can offer.>>Danon ---I have just done this with a airport that I am working on PN40 using SbuilderX. I just created a couple of polygons from the satallite image and picked the right lanclass to match. The trees follow the seasond so not they do not have any leaves but in summer they do.

you guys are awesome, thank for taking your time to help me out.I cannot wait to get home and try this. I will post back if I need help, which is a huge possibility, but I see I am in the right place. I CANT WAIT to have the forested surroundings of my home airport!!!!!!I will post before and after screenies if I pull this off!danon -