Sign in to follow this  
1st fltsimguy

ASD, VOD, Nova, Novagold, Airport Textures - Should the...

I have an amazing suite of Swiss airports in my FS2004 collection. I am wondering if these might work in FSX.They rely on older texture sets as I have noted. Do these texture sets work in FSX? If not, can they be converted to a type that would work to allow these sceneries to show in FSX?

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Have you tried it out? What format are the texures? If they are not FS5's R8 then it might work I guess, especially if they worked for FS9...Cheers, :-beerchugEtienne :-wave

I have downloaded a complete set of all these textures and added to the main FSX Texture folder.I added one of the scenery areas covering Sion Apt. I ended up with some textures showing and others not, so have lots of white untextured surfaces, however I am not sure if I have installed the scenery correctly to work.I can fiddle around some more with this.I would however be curious if any other folks have added older sceneries that work in FS2004 into FSX with success.texture formats in these sceneries range: list of formats below.Airpt0w4.oavVODAPT7.PATRUNWAY03.OAVNBLHNGR.R8Abbldg1L.bmpAbalderw.r8BRICK1.R8Car30sR.patNovaGold008_lm.bmpNovaGold009.bmpCO_7572.7AF (part of an airplane texture)cheers.

Near CAM3

Dont think any of the .r8 OAV or .af formats will work.Im am pretty sure all the Nova series textures work, but a lot of the VOD textures may not.Shame, there are some very good "older" sceneries available which use some of those oldies!Hornit

yes its apparant that some work and some don't and I don't know which are working and not working for sure.It is too bad as these sceneries are fantastic in fs2004.I have given up. Too much work to try and sort out. Thanks folks.

Near CAM3