Sign in to follow this  
Jim Robinson

Carrier Blast Sheilds

Guest ajeber

Hi , Wondering if anyone might share a little more of your knowledge with me. I'm trying to install animated blast sheilds on a carrier in Gmax, and I'm wondering how I might go about doing that. I'd like to do what the author of the USS Reagan did for FLIGHT DECK 4, the blast sheilds come up slowly when a user aircraft is placed just in front of the them. I'd really appreciate any tips you might have on this. Thanks again!!! AJ

You'd have to animate them in Gmax and then use Arno's CAT tool to define a bounding box. When the aircraft is within the bounding box the shields will come up, when the aircraft leaves, the animation reverses and the shields go back down.Jim

Guest ajeber

Hey, thanks alot, downloading it now!AJ

Guest ajeber

Hi,I found Arno's CAT tool help me resolve the Carrier Blast Sheild problem, but I have a problem. Gmax does'nt give me any .asm files for input into CAT. I tried using the Gmax fs2004 gamepack, Gmax alone, and I'm lost. Can you help me out? Thanks!AJ

Yeah, you have to create a makemdl.cfg in the Gmaxgamepacksfs2004plugins folder containing the following:[Options]Keep=1Jim