Sign in to follow this  
fulfern

Deleting FSX airports

Hi all,I would like to delete (or exclude) the standard buildings at my home airport(LIMF), leaving the stock runway, apron and taxiways. This is for using an old sceney by LAGO that still in FSX looks very good, but of course I have double buildings at LIMF(old + new).If I remove the file OBX50152.bgl, all the buildings at LIMF disappear, but also in the other airports contained in this file.I've tried to disassemble the file, but I get many .mdl files and a long .xml file with no clear reference to LIMF.I've also tried the new exclusion builder for FSX, but it doesn't delete the main building with the jetways, only the other building.Any idea?Thanks in advanceFulvio

Some objects may be library objects, some may be generic buildings. Any exclusion would need to address each individually or you could try exclude all objects. Jetways are part of the airport file and would need to be removed using an airport editor.The XML code doesn't address names, such as LIMF, only lat/lon of objects.

Guest sparker256

>Hi all,>I would like to delete (or exclude) the standard buildings at>my home airport(LIMF), leaving the stock runway, apron and>taxiways. This is for using an old sceney by LAGO that still>in FSX looks very good, but of course I have double buildings>at LIMF(old + new).>>If I remove the file OBX50152.bgl, all the buildings at LIMF>disappear, but also in the other airports contained in this>file.>I've tried to disassemble the file, but I get many .mdl files>and a long .xml file with no clear reference to LIMF.>>I've also tried the new exclusion builder for FSX, but it>doesn't delete the main building with the jetways, only the>other building.>>Any idea?>Thanks in advance>>FulvioHello, I was in Torino last year on a train on my way to and from Paris. I have used Whisplacer (http://lc0277.nerim.net/whisplacer.html) to allow me to browse your OBX50152.bgl and can see what buildings are at LIMF. I have opened two copies and FSX. Have one looking at OBX50152.bgl and the second one making a new *.bgl file to put your excludes in. Position your plane in FSX over the building you want to remove and you will see that building in the Whisplacer that has OBX50152.bgl opened. The second copy is where you will make your excludes as you can see what kind of buildings you need to exclude. I hope this makes some sense to you.

Thank you for your hints.Really,before reading the replies,I disassembled OBX file (with bglanalyzeX) and deleted by hand the sections in the .xml file referring to the buildings at LIMF (using LAT/LON coord.)Then I recompiled the file (bglcomp) and it worked.Surely, I'll give Whisplacer a try.CheersFulvio