Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lucky

Got a real Sbuild situation Please help

Guest Lucky

Hi AllI just swiped my Cp and reinstalled XP. My flight sim is on a partitionF:/It originally was E:/Problem is When I went to change my drive letter E:/ isnt available.Its not even an option.I cant even swap drive letters.How do I change my .SBP to open now that my sceneries are all on the F:/ driveAll I get is Error beause its looking for the E:/ drive.Is there an easy fix.Thanks ALhttp://www.flightontario.com/images/sig_asibley.gif

Hi Al,you can open the SBP files in a text editor, like Wordpad or Notepad, and change the directory path visible in the third row. I haven't actually tried this myself but it should work. Make backups!Cheers, Holger

Guest Lucky

I changed the path fron E; to F: and still no good.Still gives me Error path not foundSeems the only way I can find now is to find out what on my Oc is usinf E; because its not even showing up as a partition .Its simply not there other wise Id change it to another letter and reset my F: back to E:Alhttp://www.flightontario.com/images/sig_asibley.gif

Guest luissa

Hello Al,The *.SBP can not be open in a text editor. They are binary files that store the contents of your projects. Unfortunately SBuilderX uses "absolute paths" to specify locations of files.I have not SBuilderX at hand so I may be wrong in what follows. I think that the only things that are stored in a SBP file that have to do with paths are "maps". So may be you have background maps originally existing in drive E: that SBuilderX does not find. Could you make a dummy drive at E: and place there those maps? Then you could open all your projects and export them as SBX files. Then you could delete that dummy drive. Then you could open those SBX files in Winword and make a global "find and replace E: >>> F:". Then you could import the "hand" edited SBX files and saved them as normal SBP projects.Sorry for this. Another think - that does not work for class type scenery as it can not be exported as a SBX file.Regards, LuisPS: I spend almost an hour trying to get my login at AVSIM to work again. I finally discovered that I need to allow cookies for AVSIM.NET (AVSIM.COM does not resolve the problem).

Guest Lucky

All is great now.I went into my Control Panel and Performance and maintance and other areasI cant remember right now but I managed to find out that my Physical Drive got names my E: so i changed the drive letter there to D: went back and changed my F: to E: for my Flight simRebooted and now All is good.I new the E: was missing but didnt realise it was alocated to the Hard drive. Its a real easy process once I got my head on stait.If in need Just google "How to change Physical drive letter"Thanks all for everything.As always you are all such great help to me.Alhttp://www.flightontario.com/images/sig_asibley.gif